Seahawks @ Saints 3pm Game

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 15, 2010.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Wish our CBs could cover their receivers. But yes, Brees is looking at a huge day.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Red zone offense still very bad.

2 out of 5 today, with the other 3 not scoring any points at all!

Can't have that going forward in these last 6 games which aren't going to be easy.

We are 25th in the league in that category and we were top 3 all last year (may have finished first). From nearly 67 percent to only 42 percent this season.

Reggie Bush probably has a lot to do with that stat line.

I hope he can play Thursday. We need all hands on deck.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

And Hartley missed another kick. Not sure how much longer we can keep him. If we don't make a change, I have a feeling this is going to cost us another game somewhere down the line. You just can't have an unreliable kicker in the NFL.

If he is cut, I don't really want them bringing Carney back either. But, I don't really follow kicking, so I don't really know who is available.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I would have to think Carney is about it.

We rarely try a FG beyond 45 yards, so I would get Carney. He is money inside 45.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Yep, and Morestead can handle kickoffs. It kind of annoys me, though, that the Saints apparently think Carney is the only out of work kicker out there. And he's capable of blowing supposedly can't-miss kicks as well.

I know there's another guy out there, about the same age as Carney, and was supposed to be pretty good back in the day. Its also been said he still keeps himself in shape in case someone calls. Morton something or other.

6. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

if we change kickers how about jeff reed? dude had been money outside @ heinz field. so should do well in the dome.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Yep, I still remember that x-point he missed against Jacksonville that cost us a playoff appearance after that wild a$$ play we scored on with no time on the clock. It was a straight up miss too. No bobbled snap or tip at the line.

That's the 1st and only time I have ever seen a professional kicker just outright whiff on an extra point. And up until last year, that one play personified the Saints.

8. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I don't have all the stats, but I disagree with your faith in Carney, even from less than 45-yards. He did miss a short one that cost us vs. Zona just this year. I also remember him missing a few extra points last year(vs. NYG and vs. Miami) and a certain extra point in Jax(I'll never forgive him for that-unless he pulls a Hartley and kicks us into the Super Bowl and then sets a Super Bowl record for FGs over 40-yards made). I'm rambling but you get the point. I don't think Carney is an upgrade. May as well stay with Hartley barring a total meltdown if those are the only options. One thing is clear, we need to start to look in a new direction for a place kicker next year. I don't care how big his kicks were in the post season last year, you can not continually miss short FGs. Plus last year is last year.

edit: I see you didn't forget the missed XP in JAX either, huh fanatic?:cuss: