Seahawks @ Saints

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Oct 30, 2016.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Two quick thoughts as we fall behind Seattle 14-3 at home.
    1. After turnovers affecting points in two straight games now, will Payton finally lose his mancrush on Mark Ingram?

2. Kenny Vaccaro's comment about some guys being content with good, not great? Brandon Coleman accepts his club membership by rolling up with the ball a yard short of the first at the 4 yard line.

Bonus thought: Danny Lasco....playing time. More.

2. mctiger

Halftime, Seattle 14, New Orleans 13. Could easily be up 17-7 or more (Ingram and Coleman). Should not have taken 3 cracks form the one, and a Drew Brees dive over the top to get a touchdown.

The wide receiver pass that set up Sea's 2nd TD notwithstanding, the defense has not played that badly. Daniel Ellerbee's return has helped the pass defense. Nate Stupar's interception was very nice. But Devin Breaux's return can't happen fast enough. Seattle got a chance at a last second FG because Ken Crawley continue's to make rookie mistakes 8 weeks into the season.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You know I find it really hard to root for the Saints. I root for Drew because he is Drew, but every game I watch teams are littered with LSU players. Hell in the NFC South alone, and the Saints seem to make it a point to not take LSU guys. Even though the only time they have ever won a super bowl there was 1 LSU player on O and 1 on D. Now I know they aren't going to make it a point to draft someone just because that player is a Tiger, but look at all the guys they passed on. It's sickening.

That being said I hate the Seahawks, so glad they won.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

i
    Would have never guessed but heard it on radio before the game - Pete Carroll is the oldest NFL head coach at 65

5. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

If the Saints are on the clock with Jamal Adams available, I'd be pissed if we don't get him. So happy we beat the Seahawks, though...finally. I've been waiting to beat them since 2013. Who Dat!

6. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Good win today for the Saints.

I'd like to see more Hightower going forward, and less Ingram.

mctiger likes this.
  7. mctiger

I don't know....he'd be an upgrade from Vaccaro, but at least we don't truly suck at SS with him out there. Number one priority is a bookend DE opposite Jordan.

8. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I'd prefer draft best player available than based on "need". I just love the attitude Adams brings. Saints need that. lol I guess that is "need" then, in a way huh?

9. mctiger

Hey, I wouldn't complain about having Adams. But they've been hurting for a real pass rush since about 2010. Secondary could be very good with the personnel they have now, if they could get healthy.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Saints need defensive linemen and linebackers, I also really hope Fournette ends up in New Orleans, he needs to be a Saint. He would do so much for that city. Fournette isn't going to go first overall, and I'd bet the Saints will have 1-5 pick. It will be interesting to see if they pass on him. If the New Orleans Saints pass on the best player in the draft who just so happens to be from New Orleans, and plays a position they need (let's face it they suck at running back, Ingram is shit) I will never root for them again and I will probably actively root against them.