Seahawks @ Saints

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That means they'll draft a WR

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Finally get the S'hawks in the dome and get the W. Petey and the gang crying over penalties; especially on Cooks' TD, where they claim Snead picked their defender, but replay clearly shows there was no pick. Even if there was a pick, I say fuck'em. We've been on the short end of questionable calls going against us for so long that we were due to have some go in our favor.

One thing for the life of me that I can't understand - we kick a FG right before half and leave SEA with about 31s no time outs, if I recall correctly. Their first play after the KO gained about 5 yards. Clock is ticking, yet WE call timeout. WTF? Does anyone know why they did that? It enabled them to get down field and attempt a FG before time expired. I know it doesn't matter now since we won and I should just let this go, but if Houska hits that kick right before half, then they win, since all they need is a FG at the end of the game instead of a TD.

Again, Saints win, it's a moot point, but it just wasn't a smart TO unless I missed something that justified it.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Saints signed Lamar Louis to their practice squad today.

LaSalleAve likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Bout time baby, I'll take it.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

So Drew Brees led the saints to 6 straight scores against a great defense.

I doubt anyone has ever scored on 4 straight possessions against the legion of boom.

No one had done that vs Seattle since 2009.

It was the first time the saints had scored on 6 straight possessions since the 62-7 victory vs the colts in 2011.

It was one of the best performances by Drew Brees as a Saint.