Sean Payton is officially moronic

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, Nov 24, 2014.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

He told his 40 year old center to man handle Haloti Ngata on 4th and goal from the 1.

Payton has failed miserably this year in terms of coaching and game calling.

Joe Morgan seeing the field for the first time tonight. That's another fucking stupid mistake by this man.

Oh yeah, Darren Sproles is killing it in Philly. Moron.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    b_leblanc and fanatic like this.
  2. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

If you watch that play again, it appears to me that Ingram ran the wrong lane. Grubbs pulled right and the tight end had the linebacker on that side sealed off. The blocking was for the play to go right and he ran up the middle.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

its always moronic when it fails.

captain hindsight strikes again.

4. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

This Saints team is so bad, Les Miles has to be fired.

b_leblanc, xlnsports, islstl and 3 others like this.
  5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I'm sure there was a thread at some point claiming CSP to be the best play caller in the history of the NFL. Things change, I suppose.

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I totally agree. He's become Miles-eque, in the fact that he's hard headed. Instead of designing new plays per opponent, like Belichick and some of the better coaches in the league, he's determined to make HIS system work. The Saints have become too predictable. Instead of spreading out a big, powerful defense like the Ravens have and make them run vertical and from sideline to sideline, he wants to just go right at them. Because of how abysmal the division is, the Saints could still back door their way into the playoffs and even host a game in the wild card round, but if there aren't significant changes made, this team will once again become the Aints.

Oh yeah, and even though he scored 2 TDs and help me win my fantasy league matchup, Jimmy Graham is soft when he has to go up against someone that's just a physical is he is. Will Hill was in his head all night. He still dropped 2 more TDs passes that he normally catches.

7. fanatic

It wasn't just the 4th down call. It was his entire approach to the game. When you're a finess team, you don't try to out physical a stronger defense, you try and use your speed to beat them and we didn't do that at all.

islstl likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Finesse

9. fanatic

Thiank yew

10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Boy, have the Saints come a long way, though. Remember the days when Archie was at the helm, or the Mora years? We would have given our left nut to still be viable for a playoff berth with a 4-7 record, esp. w/the best team right in our division, the 49ers. Now, we are all virtually disinterested and pissed, but rightfully so. I think expectations for the Saints and LSU were simply too high this year.

LSUDad likes this.