Season in Retrospect

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scrappy, Mar 17, 2005.

1. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I think that this loss, considering how bad it was played, will leave a sour mark on what has been in my opinion, a memorable season. There were many peaks and valleys in this season for the Tigers. After the horrid 6-5 start to the great 20-9 finish, the season left us with some good and bad memories.

After the atrocious game at kentucky, who'll forget the great run with a sweep over MSST, and the home wins over Florida and Alabama. What about the classic game against Kentucky in the SEC tourney.

I think this year also showed that JB is a decent coach and that the players are starting to respond to him better. He's made strides to be more of a player friendly coach and we saw that during that great 7 game win streak to close the year. Even though he turned the ball over, Tack was a good player for LSU. He wears his heart on his sleeve and he seems to have a great level of excitement in the game. I think he has great potential when he learns how to play the point. The Tigers return virtually everybody next year. Hud will be missed. But, with a solid crew coming in I think the future is bright. Having said that, this game tonite was just horrible.

It's ashame that it ended this way for this team. I believe that this loss was equal coachin as it was the players. The guard play was bad. Bass again showed why he is the player of the year. I hate to say this, but after a great effort like this from Bass, I dont see why he'd stay. Unless his draft stock goes down, this game is the kind that Shaq's career ended on. I'd hate to see him go, but I think it would be good for him if the price was right.

With Mitch, Bass, Baby, Tack, Neltner coming back and a solid class coming in, good things could be on the horizon. But, as it is, this was anohter carbon copy of 2002 against Purdue. Great season ending run and bottom out in tourney. The bad thing is, they needed a good run to get interest back in town. Now, we'll be looking at another mediocre attendence and fan support year next year. I hate that it is over.

2. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

You play the regular season to get to the NCAA tourney. Of course this poor performance will leave a nasty taste in our mouths, and it should.

Losing is one thing, but sleepwalking the first 30 minutes is inexcusable. I'm at a loss as to why.

3. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

Well, this time last year......

Many of the fans who want to remain positive about LSU basketball were saying that Brady deserved the chance to come back and coach the team this year and that "Big Baby" was going to turn things around, etc.

I guess we just finished watching what Brady can do and now we are going to hear that Brady has Tasmin Mitchell coming in, etc.

Brady just took several steps backward and unfortunately he's dragging the LSU Basketball program with him.

4. BB

BB Founding Member

Re: Well, this time last year......

Did Alabama take several steps backward today?

5. Carface

Carface What the...?

Yes. Upsets never happen in the NCAA Tournament.

Wish there was an adequate emoticon for sarcasm.

6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Well I think overall it was a great season. I know one and done sucks but who would have thought we would even be this far last November. We should be OK next season even if Brandon decides to leave.

As far as the game tonight this team was just unemotional. A coach can only do so much to get a team prepared and then it is up to the guys on the floor. You can't look back on the last month of the season and say Coach Brady didn't prepare this team. They made a good run but just got too full of themselves in the last game. They were flat the 1st half but if they start that run 5 minutes sooner in the second it's a game. Took too long for them to realize they could still make it a game.

Anyway...congrats on a good season and looking forward to next year.

7. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

Did Alabama take several steps backward today?

Oh, of course not.

Losing to "The University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee" is a definite boost to the Bama program and is a marvelous program builder. Bama's performance was just slightly ahead of the impressive performance that LSU put on display tonight.

I find it interesting that when we were talking about embarassing performances that Bama automaticly popped into your head. It must already
    be impressive to you just like the LSU display was equally memorable.

I love guys like you who attempt to minimize the crap on display at LSU and that is marketed as a basketball program. The problem is that most people
    know crap when they see it and that is why the PMAC will remain half-empty.

8. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

Brady sitting in his chair with a half court pick up defense until 2 minutes was to late. They were down 15 with 4 minutes left, thats when they should have started the full court trapping. You dont wait until 2 minutes to do this.

9. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I still think that LSU is a team on the upswing. I never thought I'd be criticized for being positive about and LSU team. But, I just see so much potential. Brady and his coaching staff did a wonderful job of coaching down the stretch. But, since the team lost I know that it is all the coaches fault. I think that this team got way to caught up in what everyone was saying about them. They went in thinking that they were playing a team that shouldnt be in the dance. They looked ahead to AZ. I think that again, a good game plan can only take you so far as the players execute it. They executed for ****. It was terrible. The guard play was just bad. I think its unfortunate that the season had to end this way. I think it would have been different had they lost in a game that they were in at some point. If it was a nail biter like creighton vs WVU. If they seemd to play with emotion and had a desire to win. This was a pathetic effort all around. Hud=non factor. Mitchell=non factor. Tigers= no show.

10. Carface

Carface What the...?

Re: Did Alabama take several steps backward today?

Guess what. Crap or not (your opinion), I'll still be there supporting my Tigers on opening day next fall.