Season in Retrospect

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scrappy, Mar 17, 2005.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

Re: Did Alabama take several steps backward today?

The point, quick one, is that Alabama has built a formidable basketball program and one awful game doesn't change that.

I respect your opinion, but I encourage you to not be simple-minded. It's a game and we lost in the worst way.

I am not trying to minimize the crap on display - I just refuse to allow 40 minutes of pitiful play to completely infect my thoughts.

2. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

BB, I will not tell you again. GET MY GIRLFRIENDS OFF YOUR PROFILE.

3. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

Well, it has been 8 years and the excuses are worn out....

It isn't simple minded to know that Brady has a very talented team which he apparently can't coach.

It IS simple minded to continue going down the same dead-end road while making the same mistakes repeatedly but expecting a different outcome.

You can believe what you want but what you see from Brady this year is what you will get next year. Nothing will change except next year at this time you will be saying the same thing you are saying now while defending
    Brady after yet another sub-par performance.

Finishing 20-10 in a suspect SEC and getting eliminated in the 1st round of the NCAA Tournament by a CUSA "also-ran" is nothing to be all that pumped up about.

Feel free to support Brady if you choose but remember even Curley Hallman
    & Gerry Dinardo had loyal followers too.

4. Carface

Carface What the...?

Re: Well, it has been 8 years and the excuses are worn out....

Apples and oranges.

5. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

The coach gets too much credit when he wins and to much blame when they lose. Wait, this is LSU basketball, the coach gets ZERO credit when the Win and all the Blame when they lose. Geaux Tigahs

6. BB

BB Founding Member

Re: Well, it has been 8 years and the excuses are worn out....

I'm not a loyal Brady supporter, I'm a loyal Tiger Fan.

Brady is not getting fired this year or next year - just deal with it.

7. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Re: Well, this time last year......

I don't know because I quit watching after we went down by 25. I couldn't bear to watch the abuse anymore. Then we started coming back so I hoped against all that by not watching it was in some weird way helping. I did hear it mentioned by one of the commentators that "teams that press don't like to be pressed" so maybe we could have started sooner. I just think we came out so flat that nothing was going to work. Once we didn't make the run before the half, history told me it was going to get ugly. I've been watching LSU basketball for 25 years and it has always worked this way 99% of the games I've seen. They go into the locker room dragging there feet and come out crawling. If we had gotten just a little run at the tend of the half this is a different game. Emotion leads to intensity leads to emotion. It cycles and is contagious. No one fully up for this one and it showed.

8. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Re: Well, this time last year......

I am loving all the homer excuses, unbelievable. Why can't anybody admit that the SEC is way overrated this year. The talking heads on all the sports radio shows were right, this conference doesn't stack up well compared to the top 15 teams. Even, Kentucky struggled against Eastern Kentucky, which doesn't bode well for them. Florida may be the only real team that has a chance to go deep.
    I think it was pretty obvious to see that Brady got outcoached. LSU had no solution to the full court press, they panicked, and instead of using the dominant in-the-paint players to score and set the tempo, the guards just took sloppy shots and couldn't handle the ball worth a damn.
    Like I said before, in light of the recent success of this team, how can you not lament the performance you saw last night? I expected to get to play Arizona, where we would probably lose (Stoudamire is damn good). People who claim they support the team and make excuses for mediocrity should not be hypocrites and expect fans to fill the PMAC.
    It was good to watch Brandon Bass play the short time he was here, he is another LSU great. Good luck Brandon if you go.