Season-opener Question

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CParso, Jul 17, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

They said we had the best WRs & RBs in the country last year, too. :yelwink2:

Nothing is definite.

2. clair

clair Rockets

the only difference is that we have SEEN these guys work.

they were the best DBs last year, or some of the best, and it's all the same guys minus Prude.

The WR prediction was based on potential, and the RB prediction would have been accurate with a healthy Alley.

Now, of course, injuries can throw a wrench into our DBs plans, but when healthy, we have SEEN them be the best before. There is no reason to believe they will be worse.

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Honestly, I don't think I'd look for much in the season opener that'll suggest how the rest of the season will go.

The LSU offensive line blows open holes, allowing the RBs to average 6 to 8 ypc? So what, it's ULL.

I will look to see how JR is from a timing standpoint on his timing routes---if he's fairly sharp right out of the gate, that's a great sign (though I don't expect that to happen, needs at least a game or two to get fully on track).

I don't know if you'll get a feel for the defense...I overstated things a bit when I said weeks ago ULL could keep things closer than you might think.

Total # of TD passes in all of 2005: :eek: 3 :lol: (as in, the number between 2 and 4).

A ULL offense that's smaller and slower than LSU's defense...and they can't pass the ball worth a damn.

Ouch. They'll be lucky to get more than 2 or 3 FGs, tops (I say zero TDs)...and that won't necessarily mean the LSU D is going to dominate on that level from here on out.

Also will be nice to see LSU convert on all FG and x-tra point attempts.

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

1. Consistency
    2. By at least 17 with them not scoring over 14
    3. RB's

5. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

not really, jus' sayin' the front-7 will be breaking-in, and if the safeties are forced to cheat-up on run support, it'll leave man-coverage-with-late-help from the safeties on the outside. It's a bad, early-season habit that Pellini's defenses have seen before. Now, I don't believe that's a likelihood against the likes of UL-L, but you never saw that sort of thing under Saban, and I'm guessing Muschamp would know....... because a habit like that is one to know about when you make the call to the book on saturday mornings, comprende' ?

Barnhart is fairly neutral with a slight favortism towards UGA that he tries to cover. But in this case, Tony needs to get out more often. LSU is a senior-laden, experienced, and talented group of athletes with a ton of leadership on both sides of the ball. Houseshold names up & down the roster.

I respect Barnhart's opinion generally, but in the case of the QB controversy, I tend to agree there won't be one. Fisher is a savvy OC, he'll manage this well.

6. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

LSU needs to start the season with getting some turnovers last year they were not so good in that area... the D line and O line everything else will fall into place

LSU by 21 slow start ( might rain):geauxtige

7. clair

clair Rockets

judging by the last few home openers we've had, or tried to have, i'd say the chance of rain is about 99.9999999%

8. aztiger03

lets get a big W tune some things up and no hurricanes.

:geauxtige

bringing mexican food for the az game

9. clair

clair Rockets

some of my nanny's famous crab-meat tacos would sooooo hit the spot for that game

10. aztiger03

sold....

lets deaux it... I will bring the Tecate:geauxtige