SEASON PREDICTIONS...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bubbafong, Aug 12, 2004.

1. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

Alright fellas, now that the :lsup: season is upon us in just a few short weeks, now that the preseason publications have come out and "picked" who will win every game, now that the "experts" have spoken, what's your prediction for the 2004 season? Honest predictions. None of this 0-12 crap, nor any of the "we're-going-to-kill-everyone-and-every-game-is-going-to-be-a-blowout" crap either. How about some honest opinions on how our team will fare this year? What do you think the season record will be? Who will they beat? Who will they lose to, if they lose? Which games will be blowouts? Which games will be tough? etc., etc., etc...

I'm no football expert, just a fan and an LSU alumnus who wants to know what some other fans are thinking.

:geaux: :lsup: :geaux: :lsup: :geaux: :lsup: :geaux: :lsup: :geaux: :lsup: :geaux: :lsup: :geaux: :lsup: :geaux:

2. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I honestly dont see us losing a game but in reality we could lose 1. More than 1 is unlikely but sure, its possible. At 2 losses we will probably be in a BCS game and at 1 loss we probably go to Miami.

If we do lose one it will probably be one of these:

Oct 02 Georgia
    Oct 09 Florida

Thats a tough task back to back but LSU is clearly up to it.

3. SG_Geaux

SG_Geaux Founding Member

Man that is tough. While running the table is a definite possibility, I just don't know if we can have the same luck with injuries that we had last year. I could see us going udefeated, and I could see us losing a game or two.

4. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Right now I'm most concerned about the opener. Assuming Randall is on his game and further assuming some youngsters can step up, get rid of the jitters, and catch the ball, I think we'll be okay. The running game should be super and will relieve the pressure on Randall.

Beyond the opener, Auburn - Georgia - Florida on the road. I'll take 2 of 3 today and be happy. Frankly, Georgia doesn't concern me as much as Florida does. The Gator QB is versatile and mobile and not as vulnerable to our fast defense. On the other hand, last year showed what happens to Georgia's QB when you bust him in the mouth over and over.

Ole Miss won't be as much of a threat as they were the last several years. That means they'll probably knock off some folks they shouldn't and lose some they shouldn't.

My best guess is...........10-1 or 9-2 with losses to Florida or Georgia or both.
    Should be a fun year. :)

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

3 Losses.... Sorry guys, the schedule is brutal this year. I see loses to UGA, and either UF or Auburn and one stinker game tossed in in the SEC.

SEC is brutal this year.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

i could see 3 losses being a worst case possibility. I honestly figure one loss to UGA or Fl. Maybe 2 losses if Auburn wins in a fluke. If everything goes well without injuries - I don't think it's outlandish to believe we go undefeated.

7. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Okay here you geaux

I'm calling it right now Aug 12th at 15:22 LSU will go 10 -1, with a lose coming to either the WAR Damn chickens, the DRAWGS, or Dem Gators. It will be very hard to run the table during that road trip.
    LSU will edge out a deflated GA. team in the SECC. and take on a Texas team in the BCS game.

Now thats the good news the bad news is that Ole Miss has to come to town and they always seem to find a way to screw things up. So I could be wrong but not likely.

8. ElvisFan

ElvisFan Founding Member

I genuinely believe that if we can get thru that brutal stretch of 3 road games in 4 weeks w/ a 2-1 road record, we've got a definite shot at repeating as National Champs...provided that the loss is not to Auburn.
    I think a loss to the Barners would hurt us too much in the eyes of pollsters who aren't inclined to give us much of a break in the first place.

9. lsuj2006

lsuj2006 Founding Member

However, the earlier you lose the better.

10. ElvisFan

ElvisFan Founding Member

Very true. If it weren't, Petey Carroll would have had nothing to hang his hat on last year.