SEASON PREDICTIONS...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bubbafong, Aug 12, 2004.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

gonna lose to Oregon St and UGA. nervous randall game 1 then the UF look ahead for UGA.

UGA has cupcakes and the week off after so they will be totally focused while we be looking ahead to our revenge game.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How much are you betting on the Beavers? Don't bet the house unless you want to be living in a van down by the river.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

there is a pointspread ya know. heh kinda makes it safer if i was to bet on it.

4. Whitey4Man

Whitey4Man Founding Member

Livin in VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER-Good Sh**

5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

The only game I see us loosing, is to Georgia, POSSIBLY... but I'll go ahead and say it... If we beat the Dawgs between the hedges, go ahead and book your reservations in Miami folks... It'll be LSU/USC and no matter how high flying USC's offense is, the score will be in the range of LSU 31 USC 14....

I may also add, that USC should be carefull... Va Tech is known for pulling off 1st game suprises... remember?

Geaux Tigers!!!

6. Whitey4Man

Whitey4Man Founding Member

I just don't see you guys losing to UGA, especially with that awful offensive line they have, and Spears coming round the corner at a 4.8.

7. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

11-0, dammit! None of this "honest opinion." We gotta hope for the best, period. If Saban is as smart as he shown himself to be, he's gonna handle the road games one at a damn time. He himself said, if I remember correctly, that, leading up to the Florida game last year, there was a distinct lack of focus, and practices went crappily. He knows what kind of work he faces. He knows we gotta one HELL of a lot of ground to cover. He's Nick Saban, damit! We ain't losing to NOBODY, dammit! May the Lord prove me right! (Please?)

You know what realles pi$$e$ me off? We could go 7-5 and probably still go to a BCS bowl on SOS alone, if it were still in the mix. I swear this new procedure was cooked up specifically to handicap the SEC. (And probably ACC too, since they're pretty strong.)

I realize this wasn't one of my more enlightened, open-minded posts, but it was fun to vent. :)

8. ramah

ramah Founding Member

I'm glad the Coach doesn't have his team thinking like you losers

There is not a single game where LSU cannot dominate their opposition in 2004 ... Only losers think or specualte on how many losses a team the caliber of LSU (newsflash ... LSU is the defending National Champs) will have.

LSU will run through their SEC & Noncon slate 11-0 ... take apart a Tennessee or Georgia team in Mylanta and head to Miami ... and they're gonna run over people to do it on offense and flummox OC's again with amazing Dee.

YOU GOTTA HAVE FAITH ... after all 2004 was supposed to be our year per all of the pundits :wink:

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Ramah is right. This time last year, Tiger fans were looking ahead to 2004 as being "the year."

The year ended up coming a year sooner than we expected, and now we're sounding as if we don't really have confidence in our team.

We CAN improve on last year, guys. We won the NC, but we didn't go undefeated. There's a goal that is probably on the minds of the coaches and players.

And why are so many people on this forum intimidated by Auburn? What have they shown us lately that would make us predict a loss there?

All of that being said, I like to see the team in action before I start predicting anything about them. The on-the-field chemistry is a magical thing, and the first time I watched our '03 squad (against that patsy, Arizona), I knew we had something special going. Yes, the Wildcats stunk, but we were almost methodical in our @$$ whippin' of them.

Three weeks from tomorrow, I'll proudly be in Tiger Stadium to bear witness to the beginning of another year when it's great to be a Tiger.

10. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Repeating as champions is difficult to do. Only Nebraska and Bama have done so in the last 30 years. Players get lazy after winning a championship, and this team reported to practice overweight and out of shape.

This doesn't mean we won't have a successful season, it just means this coaching staff must to a better job than last year to get these players ready to play. And a difficult SEC road schedule doesn't help either.

Nothing is impossible, but the odds of repeating are against us...