Season Ticket Holders

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Mar 10, 2004.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I am not a season ticket holder as I live in Atlanta and couldn't possibly afford them. So I'll ask you guys, what are your thoughts about paying all of this money for a homes schedule like next years where only 2 of the 5 teams had a winning record this past season? granted we have to play the SEC schools and it's not anybody's at LSU fault. So I guess it really boils down to 3 games and one of them is good, OSU. The other 2 stink in my opinion, Troy St and Ark St, and I would hate to spend such a large amount of money on those games. What are your thoughts to all of you guys that have season tickets?

2. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

"That's the way the cookie crumbles"

No big deal..

Look at the home schedule in 2005..

It really doesn't bother me because i'm fortunate to attend most road games.

I actually think the home schedule helps our young QB's(if they play) get ready for the SEC games on the road. OSU might not be a walk in the park if we start a freshman qb. We shall see.....

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I buy my season tickets in any season against any opponent. I've done so for 25 years. Win or lose, rain or shine, good schedule or bad schedule.

I'm there to see the Tigers, I don't care who they play. You can't play Notre Dame Oklahoma and Ohio State every year. Nobody does. The SEC is a tough league where it's hard to go undefeated. If you want to contend for a NC, you have to schedule some beatable OOC teams.

4. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

My friend in Destin has a similar dilemma. He sells his tickets in advance for the games he can't make or elects not to. The seat licenses are just part of the package now. He only charges face value for the tickets. Fortunate for him, we have a mutual friend in Houston whos scoops up all of those extras. He has TAF seats in the East Upper.

For me in the North, I only have to pay $85 per seat, so my average ticket price is about $50 per game, as opposed to the $36 I paid previously.

Paying for this 2004 home slate while we are winning isn't as hard on my stomach as it was paying during the end of the Dinardo tenure.

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Can I still get season tickets? Is it to late? I graduate in May and am trying to see where I will be working, and it looks like Atlanta right now. If I am there I could definately make it to Baton Rouge for football games. If its too late, I won't accept the job and I'll just take 12 hours and go back as a non matriculating student,

6. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

I think you have to wait until the end of the renewal period to see what is available for new tix. I would contact the ticket office to see what their policy is and when they will be selling new season tix. If you know someone who wants to transfer tickets, approach them now about doing so. You only have a couple of weeks left to do that. You can also contact TAF and see what they are doing with their available tix.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If you have money, the TAF will always take care of you. Otherwise, I think there will be a waiting list for season tickets this year. The surcharges might have scared some folks away and made seats available, but Nick's timing was great in winning an NC. Interest is high.

8. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

I think the weak OofCS sucks being a season ticket holder. I used to get excited about my trip down the Baton Rouge on Sat but I only went to UGA Fl ARK and Auburn sorry that just does not cut it when they raise the prices. I will keep buying them but I really think it sucks. If they would play a bad D1 ACC Pac 10 or Big 10 team that would work but ULM blah blah blah who cares.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I was there for many years also but I hated playing Rice every year back then and then TCU a bunch of times. I loved playing aTm and really loved it when we got a home and home with one of the big boys. I would just as soon give my tickets away rather than go to see ULM, ULL or the likes. I hated it back then and I hate it now but the difference is since I live in Atlanta I can't buy the tickets anyway.