Season Tickets, Priority Points, etc

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Oct 9, 2007.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

okay, i've been curious about this too. What would it take to buy your way into lower bowl chairback seats midway up say on the thirty yard line? Sounds like it would be some crazy number like 30k or so. But if you contribute 100 bucks for 10 years, you'd be in the same position?

2. eL eS shU

eL eS shU Founding Member

check that quick math.... $3,000 for ten years, you'll be in the same boat?

3. desitiger

desitiger Founding Member

you can donate 5,000 and get 20 points...you have to donate to a philanthropic donation and it puts you in the fighting tiger level. i did that this past year and jumped up from 4800 to 1585. i got season tickets with the donation this year. i was offered season tickets all throughout the stadium. i will go back donating 100.00 next year but for me the 5000.00 was worth it so i could get good season tickets.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

That's what I'm talking about! All throughout the stadium? What part of the stadium did you get tickets in? Explain what the "fighting tiger level" is. How many points did you have before that donation?

Edit: Reading on the TAF site, a 5,000 philanthropic donation is worth 7 to 10 points. How did you get 20?

5. desitiger

i had i 9 points before donating the 5,000.00. i was not able to get tickets. after the donation, they called me when it was time..i picked 4 tickets up in south endzone and 2 on the east sideline and 2 on the west sideline. i could have picked up more but didnt need anymore. also remember that they said there was a 99% renewal rate this past year and i was able to pick these up. So essentially about 6,000 tickets were available going on that about 60,000 are sold. About the fighting tiger level, your donation has to be 5,000 or more. I am not the one to talk to. Call Ben Ross at TAF and he will hook you up. He even told me that after this year if I am satisified with my seats, I can go back to donating 100.00 which I plan to do.

2 people like this.
  6. LSUGradin99

Email I received back from LSU Ticket Office just a while ago.

So that sounds about right desi, about 6k being available. Maybe you would have gotten at least a pair without the large donation. No doubt getting so many and such nice seats was made possible with the large donation though!

7. LSUGradin99

Well, I've joined the boat with some of the others in this thread. Just made my initial $100 donation.

8. Carface

Carface What the...?

After donating money to TAF to get priority points, are there any additional "donations" you have to make? Or is it all about earning priority points?

Also, will I really get credit (in the form of points) for getting season tickets for basketball? When I talked to the girl at the athletic office when ordering tickets she didn't sound too sure.

9. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

2-3 years ago I put my name on the season ticket waiting list...got a call two years ago and got 4 in the West upper...no donations...nothing...

I keep trying to upgrade them with no luck though...maybe I need to donate something...

10. desitiger

macatak i am not saying your seats suck but what i am saying is that what sucks is that those west uppers that dont have a tradition fund donation per seat can hurt when trying to upgrade. the reason i say this is cause i get points as well for every 1000.00 dollars i pay towards the tradition fund. my south endzone i think were 105 and my sideline were 350. so that puts me over 1000.00 so i get points in addition to the 3 points i donate to taf per year. with that said, when you try to upgrade, the ticket office uses the priority points first and then if any tickets left, then they move to the non donors. hope that makes some sense. its best to donate the 100.00 so you have a better shot of post season tickets as well.