Season Tickets - To Renew or Not to Renew

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigahfromhell, Nov 11, 2013.

1. tigahfromhell

tigahfromhell Veteran Member

This has been running through my mind over the past season. The parking/traffic is crap. The schedule is not what it once was. The band is neutered as to what it can play. You practically have to pay for everything except breathing. The past couple of years' team performance hasn't helped. Then there is our interesting AD wanting to raise prices again on tickets, parking, and tradition fund. Yeah, I know the line that if I don't renew, someone else will be there to snap the tickets up. That said, I am only going to a couple of games a season. Everything is televised. For the price of a 60" screen TV, I can sit in my den and have a good view. Granted, it is not the same as being there, but "being there" doesn't seem as special as it did 45 years ago.

What are others' thoughts?

2. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Totally subjective. It's a personal choice.

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

The advent of the HD large screen televisions and the increasing pricing of...well....everything, has really affected attendance everywhere.

I go to a few games a year and I usually never ever have problems buying a ticket (even 4 of them together) for face value or less.

Personally, I am cool with Saints season tix....but LSU season tix I can do without.

4. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I think this, in addition to the fact that tailgating has become an "artform" and watching games in TD Village can be a pretty good time along with some REALLY good food!

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I'd keep'em... sell the tickets you aren't going to attend, go to the ones you want to... be better imo than prolly never be able to get them again.

6. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

My pops is cutting back from 4 season tickets to 2 season tickets next season I believe.

But I'm with the above poster. Keep the season ticket rights, sell the tickets to the games you don't attend.

7. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Give em up. Let someone else who's dying to have your first world problems have access to them. As you said there are people waiting for years to be where you are in spite of the negatives you cited. I wish more people sitting on tickets they seldom actually use let them go for more diehard fans to use. I gave mine up years ago when I moved away. I regret it now, but I had to at the time.

Let someone else have a turn.

titoabad1 likes this.
  8. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Where were these "diehard" fans in 92?

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'll take em.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You can still tailgate even if you don't actually set foot in Tiger Stadium. Ditch the tix and get a good HDTV and a portable Direct TV antenna.

LSUDad likes this.