Season Tickets

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by desitiger, Jan 9, 2005.

1. desitiger

desitiger Founding Member

Anyone know if they are doing the transfer option like they did last year at this time.

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

The people who sit next to me are moving to the new Stadium Club on the West side (or whatever its called). I contacted the ticket office to determine if they could transfer the tickets to me and I was summarily told "NO". Last year's option was a "one-time" situation due to the ticket prices being changed. Worth a call maybe they changed their mind. If you find out different please post.

3. SG_Geaux

SG_Geaux Founding Member

As far as I know, they will ONLY let you transfer them to a very close family member, like to your spouse, or to your kids.

I think it is retarded myself

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It was a one-time deal during the switch from free to required annual contributions. It allowed people with a group of tickets to change ownership to perhaps another person in the group who was better prepared to pay the fees. Of course some transferred them to strangers, often for a cash inducement.

LSU wants to prevent ticket holders from being able to sell the rights to their seats to a third party. It makes it more fair for ticket-holders on the waiting list to advance their location. It also prevents some ticket agent from buying up large blocks of tickets. LSU needs control of it's tickets and it makes good businesss sense.