Season's First Tailgate 2006

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by HatcherTiger, Aug 25, 2006.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Bacon wrapped filets, field peass fresh from Bayou Blue, home made peach cobbler and home made vanilla ice cream, french bread, and lots of beer which includes my last Dixie.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What century are you living in, Methusalah? Ain't no club! User information moves by podcast blogs today. :lol:

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Pardon my ignorance but what are "Fat Tires" ? By the way, dove kabbs sound delicious !

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Fat Tire

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Thanks Red. Haven't seen those here in Lafayette. Sounds like some good suds !

6. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

It rained most of the day, but we got birds! Now I have to pick up a couple bottles of Gewurztraminer. I will think of you guys while the grill is perfecting these so special treats.

Now to get ready for my first HS football game of the season. We are lacking size and speed and it will be raining tonight; but I will be there.

BTW, Fat Tire is a very good beer. I would think it is not fancy enough to win any awards, but I really enjoy it. I will turn most domestics into a Red Draw with no thought whatsoever; but this isn't a 30 pack, what is on sale brew. Not expensive, but a definite cut above.

7. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I had never heard of a Red Draw. Found out about it when we moved to Wichita Falls. There is a bar there called P2 that claims to have invented it. Everybody drinks it. It is beer mixed with tomato juice. Never tried it, but I bet it would be better with Bloody Mary mix if you were gonna do it.

P2 was a cool bar. It is a drive up. People pull in in their trucks, drop the tailgates or bring folding chairs. The car hops bring you your beers.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I seriously doubt that they invented that.

9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

You are probably right, but they swear they did. Seems to be a big thing in that area. As I said though, I never tried one.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Hmm