SEC ALERT: LSU may have found an offense!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DownOnTheBayou, Nov 7, 2010.

1. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

The second half playcalling was the best since 2007. FINALLY, they opened up the offense and let it fly.

In the first half, it was the most pathetic display of an offense I've seen in a long time. With having two weeks to prepare, that was all they could come up with? It was basically a prevent offense. The coaches showed no confidence in the JJ/JL and therefore the QBs played with no confidence. And as much as I dispise Danielson, I have to agree with what he said...You can't hide your QB, you have to let them throw the ball.

Then the second half. The coaches actually made halftime adjustments and took their heads out of their asses and opened up the offense. I don't know if it was Miles threatening to fire Crowton if he kept calling the same crap, or if Crowton told Miles to kiss his ass and let him call the damn game like he wants. Either way, It was a nice thing to see.

I think what made the second half so successful was getting JJ out of the pocket. Doing that helped our O-line and also enabled JJ to not have to think as much and let er rip. And JJ made some really great throws and ran well when nothing was open. So GREAT job by the coaches and players.

Now IF this is the type of playcalling we see the rest of the season, we will win out and make a BCS bowl if not the CG.

And one more thing, It was nice to see LSU not shoot themselves in the foot with stupid mistakes. It was pretty much an error free game.

1 person likes this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well said.

3. MBTigah

MBTigah Myrtle Beach Tiger Fan

+1

4. Darth

Darth Dark Lord of the SEC

Great post!

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I have been wanting to point that out, too. Not a lot of penalties, and no turnovers!

6. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Indeed. The end of the first half seemed to set the stage for what we saw in the second half. All of a sudden, JJ looked confident. Let's hope the light bulb came on for him, and this is the JJ we see the rest of the year.

Also, JL did a great job late in the game on the long throw to RS. Redemption sure is great after what happened to him 2 years ago vs Bama.

:geauxtige

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't think our offense has magically arrived, it's still going to be a rough home stretch, especially Arkansas on the road.

But I did see something that I haven't seen in a while . . . halftime adjustments. Crowton found the weak spots in the Bama defense in the second half and deserves the credit for it.

8. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

+2

9. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I'm hoping it's the rest of his career!

10. myree

myree Bogalusatiger

a+

:milesmic: