SEC ALERT: LSU may have found an offense!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DownOnTheBayou, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

the 2nd half was more aggressive than the 1st half, no doubt.

but i didn't see it as being a whole lot more aggressive than the rest of the season has been.

the TD pass from JJ to Randle.
    that pass (and many other downfield routes) has been there many times during the course of the season. We've had guys running deep slants and crosses all year, and they were getting open.
    JJ never pulled the trigger on it before yesterday. I don't think he trusted himself.

to see him step up and sling it was a breath of fresh air for me.
    his confidence level skyrocketed after that.

hoping like hell he turned a corner.
    because if defenses have to start defending that, watch the eff out.

2. vesperiaLSU

vesperiaLSU Veteran Member

I agree with what you saw on the field offensively in the first half. It was a prevent and conservative offense. But I think the coaches were being conservative on the play calling for a reason, which was to avoid early turnovers. The coaches have seen enough evidences through the past few games that when the play calling was aggressive at the beginning of the game, our QB (both JJ and JL) made mistakes (either fumble or get picked). To play against a team like Bama (who has the best passing defense in SEC), there is nothing more important than making less mistake than your opponent if you wish to win. I guess the coaches decided to play conservatively on offense in the first half and rely on our tremendous defense to keep us in game. In doing so they gave time to our QBs to find their rhythm and once they saw that signal, they began to complicate our offense step by step (including making JJ out of the pocket) and call the more aggressive plays. I agree with that the coaches made great adjustments during the halftime, but I just feel like it was done as planned before the game and it worked out pretty well eventually.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i don't know, looked like the same play calls to me, only difference is LSU executed.

4. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I didnt see much difference. Just a lil more calls down the field and better execution. LSU could have put the game away after the fumble instead they get uber predictable and conserving playing not to lose and kick a FG. Play to win the damn game and at least try for the TD. If not, then kick the FG.

I would take this next gimme game to work on the down field passing game. If LSU would have opened it up against Auburn we would be in the drivers seat to the title game.