SEC Backfields

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Apr 15, 2004.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

2. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

we have the best in the sec prolly the country. only team that maybe be ahead of us in the sec is maybe AU and in the country maybe USC other then that nobody esp. not florida is close.

3. LSUfan636

LSUfan636 Founding Member

WOW, I'm really surprised of how much credit the Gator fans gave us.... :shock:

good call, cock. you do kinda forget just how good summers is -- he is a monster.

that said, i still put you 4th and i would place LSU's backs #1 slightly above the Tigers.

1) LSU
    2) AU
    3) UF
    4) USC
    5) UT
    6) UGAgood call, cock. you do kinda forget just how good summers is -- he is a monster.

LSU Backs are Average?

Justin Vincent ..FR...154 carries...1001 yds...6.5ypc

Joseph Addai...Soph...114 carries...520 yds...4.6 YPC

Alley Broussard...Fr...85 carries....389 yds...4.6 YPC

Those 3 carried the ball 348 times for 1910 yds which is 5.4 YPC.

You definition of average and mine are very different.

QUOTE (JohnC1908 @ Apr 15 2004, 04:36 PM)
    LSU's RB's are average at best. I'm surprised that we would rank Fason behind those guys. Auburn is easily #1 but that's all they have.

do you get a chance to watch college football on occasion?

4. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

I would agree with your position of UGA as 5th but we should be ahead of UT. Lumpkin/Cooper were a solid, young tandom last year. I just have doubts on whether the OL will hold up for them next year.
    :cuss:

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Well, I vote for this as best post of the thread anyway :) :) :) :) :) :)

GatorFan5220 Posted: Apr 15 2004, 08:52 AM
    "Because the entire Auburn campus and athletic program has the look of a "Last Day Before Closing" fire sale. They may not even be an accredited institution by the beginning of the season. They have a new pres. who is a lowder puppet, and they don't know who their coach will be after next year, but rest assured it will NOT be teletubbie.

That whole program is in incredible turmoil"

Tiderhater? Basically none of this (PS. and, I am FAR from being an Auburn fan, I cant stand them!), has any direct bearing on how well they will do next year.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

6. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

I honestly hold my breath whenever any of our backs get the ball. It is similar to the feelings we would get whenever Kevin Faulk would touch the ball back in the days. I also held my breath when Devery use to get the ball as a running back. He use to hit the holes faster than any back I've seen.

P.S. SouthLink02 ....I love your signature man...."I'm Rick James b#%tch."

7. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Not that it will happen, but Doucet could slide in there and rack up some serious yardage at RB. :shock: Of course he will probably be catching passes for LSU..still interesting IMO.

8. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Gotta go with LSU

The backfield lives and dies with OL performance and a balanced attack.

Aubarn's OL can't hold LSU's OL's jockstraps. Period. End of story.

The new Aubarn "West Coast-Mobile Bay" Offense won't change anything.

It's just like putting lipstick on a pig (Jason Campbell). They'll live and die by the lack of a running game. Again.

And we'll stomp a mudhole in Tubby's cigar smoking plans ... again.

Look for Justin & the rest to have another great year.

Still waiting for Barrington Edwards to break out. When your 5th string running back is Barrington Edwards ... the rest can bend over and kiss their sweet azzes g-bye ... you have the best running back corps in America

Period. End of story. See you on the gridiron.

LSU has the best running back corps (top to bottom) in America. Period. End of story.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Would that be the "Gulf Coast" offense?

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

There are a lot of very good RB's in the SEC but there always are. I would have to say that LSU is probably the only team in the country with their top 5 very good RB's all coming back. USC as a very good group coming back also and UF's look to be very good. Nationally the Trojans look to be the deepest as far as RB's who have produced along with Auburns top 2 and LSU. I just hope we use good judgement in how we use everyone, wouldn't even mind us trying to redshirt someone this up coming season. I think that every time I've seen a team that had a few great backs coming back and they try to do something out of character to try and get them on the field at the same time, it has always failed. I hope we use them similar to what we did last year in the final 3 games instead of thinking of ways to get 2 of them on the field at once unless it's lining one up in the slot, such as Addai. I don't think it would be a bad idea to redshirt Broussard or Edwards.