SEC Baseball standings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeDTiger, Apr 30, 2011.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Pull for Miss. St. We have the tiebreaker against Ole Miss. We need to run the table and hope for an NCAA bid...not that we would advance very far with our lack run production.

2. kjun4LSU

kjun4LSU Founding Member

MikeD, Where are you ? Standings please.:tigbas:

3. MikeDTiger

MikeDTiger Geaux Tigers!!!

1) Vanderbilt: 20-7
    1) South Carolina: 20-7
    1) Florida: 20-7
    4) Georgia: 15-12
    8) Auburn: 13-14
    8) Arkansas: 13-14
    8) Mississippi State: 13-14
    8) Alabama: 13-14

Ole Miss: 12-15
    LSU: 11-16
    Kentucky: 7-20
    Tennessee: 5-22

I was way off, sorry. We are fighting for spots 4-8, not 7-8. LSU is in much better shape than I realized.

If LSU sweeps Mississippi State our SEC record would be 14-16, making 14-16 the magic number to consider for a tiebreaker.

Mississippi State would be 13-17 and drop out, making it 5 teams trying to get into the final 4 slots. MSU dropping out means LSU loses the 3-0 record and Auburn loses the 0-3 record for any multi-team tiebreaker.

If we go 2-1 against Mississippi State we can still get in, but it will be tight...

4. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

fwiw: the Cox announcers calling the LSU game today were saying that LSU is in control of it's destiny. they said if we sweep MSU, we are in the SEC tournament. but they said if we only take 2 of 3 against MSU, then we have to see how things play out with the other teams

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Root for South Carolina and Arkansas next weekend if you can stomach it.

6. MikeDTiger

MikeDTiger Geaux Tigers!!!

I was way off, sorry. We are fighting for spots 5-8, not 7-8. LSU is in much better shape than I realized.

7. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

The Tigers have taken lots of criticism this year. Most of it deserved. I feel it necessary to be vocal when they do well just as when they suck. The Tigers had a dominating weekend. Good play all around. 50 hits and only 6 runs allowed! Nice to see some Tiger baseball.

8. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

UConn won the conference and national titles and only finished 9th in the conference. Anything can happen when given a chance.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

LSU just needs to win this series to have the a better than decent chance at getting into the NCAA. Depending on this weekend we could see 10 teams make it but 9 is more likely. The RPI is very strong in the SEC and we have a good record to end the season so far. 2 big factors in our favor.

10. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

great way to finish in our last home series. i especially enjoyed Mahtook's performance in what will likely be his last game at the Box. 3-for-4 with 4 RBI, including a 3-run homer. in his last at-bat, he got a standing ovation as he came to the plate, and he singled and eventually scored. then coach pulled him from OF to get him one last standing ovation from the crowd. it was an emotional moment watching him run off the field for the last time at the Box, going to the dugout and hugging all his teammates and coaches