SEC Baseball standings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeDTiger, Apr 30, 2011.

1. MikeDTiger

MikeDTiger Geaux Tigers!!!

Georgia beats Florida 4-3 to guarantee they are NCAA Tournament eligible. Didn't want to see it happen, but hats off to UGA for getting past .500

2. kjun4LSU

kjun4LSU Founding Member

Just wondering. Which looks better to the selection committee ? UGA, who is a game or 2 over .500 but, made the conference tourney or LSU, who is 16 games over .500 but, did not make the tourney? Their RPIs are similar.

3. MikeDTiger

There are going to be a number of judgement calls for the committee and it is going to be tight. I regret saying the 100% thing :/

30 teams will win their conferences, I've got another 18 as locks to get in. That's 16 slots against some tough competition. I believe that LSU getting in can come down to Rice beating Houston. Wins by Creighton, Florida International, and Fresno aren't as critical, but could make the difference.

4. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Did anyone else see that Florida pitcher get dropped by his own catcher? Is he ok? Just wondering.

5. MikeDTiger

That was a crazy play! A quote from a Florida paper:
    Rice, Creighton, Fresno, Kent State, and Texas State winning made sure that 5 more at large spots will be available. We could still use some help from FIU, St. John's, and Texas A&M, but I am feeling better about LSU's chances.

6. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Well that's good, that idiot batter should've backed out of the batter's box.