SEC-Big East Challenge

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUalum24, Apr 3, 2006.

1. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

Just to elaborate on my earlier comment that I think LSU would be a little better served by a Big 12 matchup. Since we border the Big 12 territory that could be at least a little bit of a recruiting boost especially if we played a Texas school. Again, the BE deal is still good and I'm definitely glad if the SEC does this, but from an LSU centric standpoint it probably doesn't help as much.

2. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

In the ESPN Insider article about NCSU showing interesting in Brady, was this nugget:

• SEC challenge: The SEC couldn't reach an agreement with the Big 12 on a challenge. The SEC wanted a handful of teams. The Big 12 wanted all of them. So, instead, the SEC has approached the Big East. But the interest there is very tepid.

I have no clue about the provenance of this info, except to hope it's inaccurate.

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Are any of you surprised by that? This challenge isn't going to happen either. Much to my chagrin, it somewhat backs others' points that the SEC office really needs to show some leadership when it comes to roundball.

4. clair

clair Rockets

this is sort of unfair...

the Big East has like 100 teams, the SEC 12

unless if they do a rotation of their teams that play in this, it is unfair, because they will just spike their 12 best on us every year

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I like the Big 12 more than the Big East, but would much rather play Big East.

We will get way more coverage from those talking heads in the NE.