SEC bowl line-up

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Randy70, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Randy70

Randy70 Founding Member

Looks like this: Auburn vs Miami/Va Tech winner in the Sugar, LSU vs Iowa in the Capital One, Tennessee vs Texas in the Cotton, Georgia vs Wisconsin in the Outback, Florida vs Va Tech/Miami loser in the Peach, and Alabama vs Minnesota in the Music City. Looks like some pretty good match ups.

2. Tigerfan58

Tigerfan58 Founding Member

Slight change

I still think Texas will pass up Cali in the final BCS poll and go to the Rose Bowl. That leaves the Cotton Bowl with a Tenn-Texas A&M matchup, which I think would make an even better game because I think Texas would kill the Vols.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

texas is not passing up cal since cal will crush Southern Miss this weekend. Cal by 100.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Texas' one and only chance to pass up Cal is for Auburn to lose this weekend to Tennessee. That's it. And even then, it's not guaranteed, but they do stand a better than decent chance.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Texas won't pass up Cal - they don't deserve to. Texas lost to Oklahoma - not by much, but there's no denying that they got beat. Cal didn't win against USC, but a lot of people say that they were the better team and really should have won the game. I just don't see Texas passing Cal up.