SEC Bowl Tie-Ins

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CDP3, Dec 27, 2002.

1. CDP3

CDP3 Freshman

What do you think about the SEC bowl tie ins? They probably change slightly every year depending on the BCS teams, and whether a conference can fill its slots or not. This year, the 7 SEC bowl teams play only 3 conferences: ACC, Big 12, and Big 10. It would be nice to guarantee a matchup with the Pac-10 and the Big East every year.

I just got back from the Houston Bowl, and a bowl official told me the C-USA contract expired after this game, and there is a good chance they may sign a contract with the SEC to play the Big 12 representative. For geographical reasons, it would be a Western Division team. If LSU didn't make the BCS in future years, I wouldn't mind seeing them in this game if it starts to get more national recognition and a bigger payout. The payout this year was $1M, but that would probably increase once they get a corporate sponsor. I would rather see a game in comfort at brand-new Reliant Stadium (maybe against the Aggies?) than the antiquated Cotton Bowl (with unpredictable weather---probably cold).

Who would you like to see the SEC matched up against?

2. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I think that it would be cool if the SEC would play a PAC-10 school. It would be a shock to the PAC-10 school to actually see somebody playing some defense against them.

3. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member