SEC Championship game-who to pull for.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tboy, Dec 4, 2010.

1. tboy

tboy Founding Member

For the first time in a long time I may just watch the game with indifference. In my gut I want to pull against Auburn, because of the Cam Newton fiasco. I just feel like it was a white wash by the Ncaa and/or SEC and his father at the very least is guilty and money may have actually changed hands. The wonderful character of Cam, possessing a stolen computer, cheating academically, doesn't make me fond of pulling for him either.
    On the other hand, I have always rooted for the SEC and fully understand that because we are in the SEC we were the highest ranked one loss team because of the reputation of the conference. If Auburn loses will this cause us to go to a lesser bowl? What should be an enjoyable experience for me Cam Newton and his money grubbing, immoral, preacher father have ruined.
    Who are ya'll pulling for ---if anyone?

2. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

We compete directly for recruits with AU. It will hurt LSU recruiting if they win a NC. It would be great to be able to tell a recruit that AU went undefeated one year and did not get in the BCSNCG, and then they went undefeated in regular season and did not even win the SEC!

go gamecocks (I guess). Maybe if they win they can steal a couple of recruits from Fl.

AU, the best at picking up free agents !$!

3. mach316

mach316 Founding Member

I wanna see auburn take the whole thing. We got to have some SEC representation in the NC game. I'm afraid if auburn looses, the voters will put tcu in there. As far as recruiting, I don't think even a NC will help erase the uncertainty surrounding auburns future...

4. souljaslim1

souljaslim1 Bigg Daddy

Auburn War Eagles..BCSNC Trophy

Cam Newton..HEISMAN Trophy

5. geaux9

geaux9 Founding Member

Go Cocks! I'm a USC graduate, though I dislike Spurrier.

6. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

gotta pull for auburn and here's why...

If auburn were to lose, South Carolina would go to the sugar bowl as the SEC rep. Assuming the ducks win, the NC game would most likely be Oregon VS TCU. That would push Auburn to the cotton bowl, arkansas to the capital one bowl and us to a lower tier bowl like the chick fil a bowl.

If auburn wins..
    We get another year of an SEC team in the NC. We possibly could play sugar, because of the fact the game is in New Orleans and I believe the voters could swing our way with that one, due to home ties and fans at the game. The revenue would be huge. If not sugar, then most likely cotton bowl, where we could get use to the turf and stadium for our showdown vs oregon to open the season.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

If Auburn losses today I doubt that they would be left out of the BCS. They would likely get a BCS at large bid. Arky then would fall down to the Cap one and the Cotton would pick us over Bama based on their comments the other day about taking LSU no matter who is left on the board.

So actually a lose by Auburn would decrease our chances of the Cap One selecting LSU and increase our chances of us landing in the Cotton.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I tend to agree. As long as we're out of it, I'd prefer Auburn to the BCS championship game and win it for the SEC again. Five straight national championships from four different SEC teams would be a major statement about where the best football is played in this country. I don't think USC east can do it.

It will also keep some other SEC team from being bumped down to a lesser bowl.

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Gamecocks. How anybody can possibly root for this AU team/$cam is completely beyond me.

We are going to the Cotton Bowl. AU would still go to a BCS bowl game, just not the BCSNCG. I don't want AU to ever...EVER...own that trophy.

1 person likes this.
  10. Herb

Herb Founding Member

A guy that grew up with me in River Ridge is the 1st cousin of Garcia's father, so I'll be pulling for South Carolina.