SEC Champs Vs. BCS Champs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by freddy4130, Oct 8, 2007.

1. nittanytiger

nittanytiger Founding Member

Wait we have a guy talking trash on this forum whose team is 2-4 come on... let us at least sip the Kool-Aid because right now it SOOOO GOOD!!!!

2. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

"talking trash"??

that's funny...

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Guys, Hawker has been a great opponent member here and his posts are solid- I even agree with what he said in this thread- things are shaping up real well for us and if we handle our business we'll be okay but there's A LOT of ball to be played still and there are MUCH bigger upsets each weekend than several of the teams we have to play knocking us off.

It we play our best game and the remainder of teams on our schedule play their best, LSU wins handily but it takes one miscue to spark momentum and it happens every weekend so let's enjoy where we are but not be cautiously foolish in analyzing what lies ahead.

Though it's often said here that "We don't play the game" what fans say between games does affect the overall attitudes of the players cause they don't live in a vaccum and they hear the "Mood". As cliche as it is, I love the "One game at a time" but let's not just talk the talk, we need to walk the walk too. :wink:

1 person likes this.
  4. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

I agree. Hawker is a good friend. And did anybody notice where Freddy is from? Just a troublemaker. Ignore him and he'll go away.

5. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

By definition, no. It's easier to win the SEC Championship than the BCS Championship. Show me which National Champion didn't win their conference? Oklahoma played for it, but that was a once a decade (or more) fluke. Georgia won the SEC in 2005, they didn't play in the BCS title game. Auburn 2004, Georgia 2002, LSU 2001.... do I need to continue?

6. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

I didn't notice that. I did notice that Hawker ponied up $20 buck to contribute to the site. And I know he often makes good points.

7. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

LOL... $25, actually... my third one. You guys (& gals) are good, knowledgeable posters. It's a good place to keep up with the ins and outs of the SEC.
    Freddy didn't bother me, part of the territory. My only thought was posters should have to join after 50 or 100 posts or something... cuts down on the 'drive-by's"....

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Could be, but might also be a Tiger fan, and might also end up being a great contributor here too. We (LSU fans) are spread out all over.

He's only recently registered and might not recognize the whole forum makeup thing. Looking back, I'm not sure how I didn't get banned for some of the things I said before learning the protocol and also the fact that these forums are tight-nit "Communities" of sorts.

Let's just chalk it up as a learning experience and see how it goes. :wink:

9. freddy4130

freddy4130 Freshman

I am from Lafayette, raised in Slidell. Where are you from? Sorry guys. I was just snapping back at the "kool aid" comment. What I said was not mean spirited, just defending the "kool aid" comment.

I think it is a pretty good question. What happens if SC and LSU both win out, meet in the SEC Chempionship game and somehow end up 1,2 in the BCS? It could happen right? That is pretty intrigueing to me. Anyone else? I guess since I am not a contributor yet, I should not be allowed an opinion until I pony up a dead pres?

10. ajh1300

ajh1300 Casper Tiger

:helmet: Hey, guys, can anyone point me to the new desktop with the Florida game on it? Thanx RENO TIGER FAN:geauxtige