SEC Champs Vs. BCS Champs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by freddy4130, Oct 8, 2007.

1. freddy4130

freddy4130 Freshman

I guess I am the only one who would like to see two SEC teams in the BCS game?

2. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Under the current format, I don't think a conference runner-up has any business in the BCS title game.

3. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

It seems the SEC is in position to start dominating the BCS NC game. If say LSU wins out and wins the BCS NC we will be the first college team to win it twice. It will also be back to back SEC BCS NC wins. You look to next year and see mega SEC strength in both divisions. I think most other conferences will be hoping for a two loss SEC team each year hoping an SEC team does not qualify for the Championship game. It's obvious the SEC is getting stronger and stronger. If you were a recruit would you not want to be playing against the best teams in the country week in and week out? And it's looking like next years Florida/LSU game will be major for who wins their division and possibly play in the BCS NC. The SEC is on a roll.

4. freddy4130

freddy4130 Freshman

See, I think it is just the opposite. The current system is the ONLY way it can happen. Think about it... If you really want the best two teams in the country to play one another for the championship woud it matter if they were in the same conference?

I will go astep further. If you get a one loss team from the East against LSU in the SEC championshipgame and the beat us, who gets to go to the big game if there areno undefeated teams out there? What if Cal and OSU lose and we have two teams in the SEC with one loss each? I can guarantee one thing...LSU's and the hypothetical other team's schedules would have been infintately harder than any other team's. The road to get there would have been tougher from the two SEC teams' standpoint.
    I think it could happen.

1 person likes this.
  5. eL eS shU

eL eS shU Founding Member

This is kinda funny, because we talked about this exact scenario before the season started. we talked about how much of a long shot it would be

but so far this season, everything is falling into place for it to happen. who'da thought.

6. xXTigerfanXx

xXTigerfanXx Freshman

It is harder to get to a NC game, where as it is more difficult to win a SEC championship. Or at least thats the way I feel about it.

7. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

Y,know with all this "prognosticating" ( think I spelled that right )...going on, consider this...its a very "real" possibility that "South Fla" could sneak in there at the end of things....wacky! They didnt even have a football program 9 years ago. They could turn into this years "Boise State". They are a really good football team, and they are so young they dont know they,re not supposed to beat teams like WV or Aub. The other advantage they have is that nobody really knows how to game plan them yet....geez. How bout LSU vs South Fla for the championship...crazy year.

:helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet: