SEC Conference FB schedules

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mancha, Apr 28, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Well fuckadoodledoo, nice work Alleva.

shane0911 and VampMuse like this.
  2. LSUBraveheart

LSUBraveheart Veteran Member

In the new SWC, I'm looking mainly at being able to play ALL of our home games at night, with no chance of them being moved to afternoon. That would have to be a part of the negotiated TV contract.

Yall "Scared" of Texas?

Let's see how all this latest "Whoopin and Hollerin" by Alleva over playing at night will actually have an effect in reality this season.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Everybody that has left the SEC has regretted it. Tulane . . . Georgia Tech . . .

Not. Gonna. Happen.

cajdav1 likes this.
  4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Very true, but no harm in appearing to look around. It would be a hard slap in the face to the SEC powers in charge. I also agree with Les and Alleva being more vocal about it lately. If you just bend over and take it change will never happen.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Why did aTm leave the Big 12?

Why did Arkansas leave the swc?

Would anyone really be excited about replacing aTm, Auburn, Ole Miss, Bama, Florida with Baylor, Rice, Texas Tech, TCU, Okie St, OU & Texas? I sure wouldn't. And the trend is toward mega conferences not smaller ones. And I'll add that no conference trying to get a tv contract is going to tell the networks that one of their big 3 draws does not want to play home day games!

6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Like I said, pro-wrestling.

7. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

All I am saying is that "tradition" matters to maybe 4 schools. 6 schools like the fact that they can play a winnable game and possibly avoid a very tough schedule year to make it to a bullshit bowl game. 2 schools just joined and have no opinion. 2 schools are stuck with each other and they are very good fb teams and this win or loss means a great deal to their season.......every season.

We could expand to 20 teams and this would not change.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    TigerTap likes this.
  8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I was responding to a post that said this
    " L.S.U., Arkansas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma. State and ALL the Texas schools"

Anyway none of these scenarios look attractive to me.

9. dudley

dudley oops!

The SEC needs new leadership at the top. Any conference that has been in existence as long as the SEC and can't figure out a fair and equitable way to determine it's champion is a fail. Slive needs to go. I think the head of SEC scheduling is an Alabama grad. If true, he needs to go too.

10. LSUBraveheart

LSUBraveheart Veteran Member

Didn't Tulane and Georgia Tech leave the S.E.C. to become Independents?

I'm talking about L.S.U. exploring the possibility of leaving by forming the new SWC. Not saying to join another existing conference. A new SWC anchored by LSU, Texas, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State would be killer. Add A +M, Baylor, the rest of the Texas schools and Arkansas. That would be a kick ass new conference.

Of course nobody wants to leave the SEC. That would be a last resort, but I'd request that the SEC/CBS to either include a new clause in the TV contract (The LSU exemption) that allows us to play all of our in and out of conference home games at night or else "We be lookin Around."

I'm a militant FANS (Football At Night Supporter) guy. I'd rather see LSU in another Conference playing all our home games at night than staying in the SEC and having Conference games moved to afternoon for TV.

Yes, I dislike afternoon football in Tiger Stadium THAT much. But hey, that's me......

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014