SEC East

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Berge, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Berge

Berge Founding Member

How does you see the East shaping up this year?

It seems like such a cluster****.

I see Florida losing two games, with LSU and a slip-up against an East team.
    I don't see USC losing more than 3 games this year. I say these two tie First at 6-2

Kentucky and Georgia tied for 3rd at 5-3.
    Tennessee falls off the map again for 3-5.
    Vandy goes back to Vandy 1-7

2. TexTiger

TexTiger Founding Member

I agree but think Vandy may rise up and surprise someone. Do they play Auburn? :lol:

1 person likes this.
  3. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Kentucky will win the east.

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I don't see anyone but LSU beating Florida. Just too loaded on offense to shut down and their defense will get better as the year goes on.

Kentucky will surprise some teams, but don't have a good enough defense to beat Florida. They'll fight for 2nd place with USC and UGA.

BTW, I predicted LSU's only loss would be to Kentucky before the season started. It's on the road after we beat Florida and before we beat Auburn. Could be a tough trap game. Hope I'm wrong.

5. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

UF wins the East, no questions about it. On paper the only team that can beat them is LSU.

That is a tough stretch of games.
    UF, UK, AU, & Bama

You can't look past any of these.

6. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

If we don't beat Florida, they will repeat as Football NC too. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

7. Carface

Carface What the...?

Very odd year indeed. I've grown accustomed to it being a three team race between the Floridas, Tennessees, and the Georgias. Thus far it appears that South Carolina and Kentucky have a legitimate shot of at least finishing second or third.

8. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

Replace the U with a V and you could plausibly say the same thing about us, except that VT is 2-1.

I'm not saying we're not as good as we look, I'm just being realistic.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I mentioned this in another thread, but this is basically the same Kentucky team we beat 49-0 last year. They are better than that this year and you're right about it being a possible trap game. The score won't be as lopsided this year, but I still think we win on defense alone, if nothing else. UK's offense will remember the shutout and the D knows this, so I think they'll be up for the challenge.

10. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

Every team has someone they struggle with. I don't know who that is for Florida, it may be South Carolina. Florida has to travel to South Carolina, Meyer is 1-1 against Spurrier. A Florida lose there could make things interesting.