SEC fan survey

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SECfanatic, Sep 23, 2002.

1. EELSU1

EELSU1 Founding Member

Best fans

1. Tennessee (because I can't pick LSU, and despite the sore-losing whining some of them did after LSU beat them in the SECCG)
    2. South Carolina
    3. Georgia

Worse fans

1. Florida (though with Spurrier gone, they will be learning about humility in the years to come).
    2. Auburn (their coach is a jackass)
    3. Arkansas

Most intimidating stadium

the Swamp (but only because I can't pick LSU).

SEC East champ = Georgia
    SEC West champ = LSU

SEC Champion = LSU

1 person likes this.
  2. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

Best Fans:
    1. Alabama
    2. Arkansas
    3. Tennessee

Worst Fans:
    1. Florida
    2. Auburn
    3. Ole Miss

Most intimidating stadium: No doubt "The Swamp" It was the loudest visiting stadium I ever been to. A lot has to do with the construction of the stadium which contains the noise rather well.

Who will win?
    West: Arkansas/LSU
    East: Florida

Overall Champion:
    Florida

3. tail-gator

tail-gator Founding Member

Best Fans:

1. Florida
    2. LSU
    3. Tennessee
    4. South Carolina

I have always had a great time at all the stadiums, and at home, with the exception of the team below.

Worst Fans:

1. Auburn
    2. Auburn
    3. Auburn

Intimidating stadium: The Swamp, Death Valley, Neyland

West: LSU/Bama
    East: Florida/Vols

Champion:
    Gators

4. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

Ok here is my question for you guys:
    Im a student at Auburn, so of course Im going to be biased but, I never thought so many people hated Auburn. I understand that you guys dont like what our team did with the cigars and stomping on the eye, but thats not our fans. I personally have never seen Auburn fans be mean, aside from the occasional back and forth stuff that goes on during game day tailgating. I always liked LSU, but I did hear some pretty disturbing stuff that went on down there last year. Not a single person I know that went to that game came back with anything positive to say about any of the LSU fans they met, maybe all my friends just ran into all the rowdy ones down there, I dont know. But my point is, this poll was about the worst fans not the worst behavior that a coach and his players has had. And all of the fans that you guys are voting as the best fans are the ones that I have had the worst experiences with. So basically I just want to know if you all are basing your worst fan vote for us on our team?

War Eagle!

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

AUMorgan, welcome my friend.

I think your point is somewhat valid.. However.

It is not your team. Your team is 4-5 in the last 9 games with 3 wins over patsy teams. It is your coaching staff and the attitude the Auburn fans have taken since his arrival.
    Also 90 percent of what you heard did not happen. Unless someone saying "Tigerbait" is insulting.
    I guess the answer is simple. Look down to your sideline. Auburn fans have embraced and encouraged an attitude and behavior that is not becoming of an SEC school or of the fine people of Alabama. The bottom line is, Auburn fans love a coach that has made a living on making a jack ass of himself.

Probably unfair to be honest. However I have noticed Auburn fans spend more time insulting Alabama fans then they do actually wondering if Tubby is a man to represent Auburn.

But I guess until Auburn realizes that their coach is who he is they will be lumped in fairly or unfairly with him.

Saban has made us better as fans, we have our jerk fans. No question. But Saban has been changing our attitude. He did not run up the score against Auburn last year even though we were encouraging him to do so (Near the end of the game with LSU driving to score again he sat on it) we realized we dont want to be like Auburn and Tubby. We try to win with Class (The team already does, the fans are trying do the same I feel). The few times Tubby has won lately he has made an effort to do the exact opposite and Auburn fans seem to encourage it.

Do you think Tuberville ever had a letter written to him from the opposing teams QB thanking him for the class his team and coaching staff showed ???? Saban has, this year already.

I have met many very nice Auburn fans, Chuck for one here seems to be knowledgable and good fan. But I went to an Auburn board once to read some of their posts and 6 out of 10 where bashing Alabama calling them rednecks etc etc, and one was bashing LSU. I never even registered and have never been back. I think that sums it up..

In closing, none of us really had a beef with Auburn until the Arrival of Tubby. It was basically a Bama/Auburn thing but read this exact post on any other SEC board and I bet Auburn is 1 or 2 at most of them. I am aware LSU fans have a bad reputation, and honestly even I have been embarrased by the acts of a select few of us. But we try to fix it. If I see and LSU fan acting a jerk. I say something. Saban is making us a better program. Tubby seems to be throwing Auburn's under the bus.
    LSU and Bama fans get along great. Ole Miss and LSU fans get along great. I had a great time with Tennessee fans. But for some reason when Auburn is around things get nasty now. I dont know why, the only change.. Is your coach.

But this is just my opinion. Like you I am sure I am a little bias.

Geaux Tigers.

6. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Yep, but then again, so are we.

Yeah, the cigar thing really got to a lot of people but thats not why I put Auburn on my list. Its because of what you just said, everybody tells horror stories about LSU fans and trips to Baton Rouge. That causes the segment of the Auburn faithful that hasnt even been to Baton Rouge to carry a preconceived notion of LSU fans. And that makes for bad chemistry. Everybody has their bad fans, but it seems like Auburn brings out the worst in us because you guys expect it. It also bothers me when I make posts on Auburn boards, and based solely on the fact that I am an LSU fan, my post is invalidated. I expect that Auburns list will have UA first and LSU second.

Well, of course you are going to have bad experiences with Alabama. Thats the nature of the rivalry. We get along with them, so we generally have good experiences with them. I saw most people list USC, and I really dont see how anyone can argue. They still arent used to winning, and they have never been dominate. Combine that with the fact that they have been incredibly loyal in traveling with their team and selling out games during the years before and at the beginning of Holtz's tenure (when they didnt win a single game for two straight seasons), they seem like pretty good fans to me.

I guess my point is that we are all going to have different opinions of each other because of past history and rivalries, and thats kind of the point of this survey. Your first post was a good one, and thats the kind of thing we need to quell bad feelings. Im hoping things will be better this year. I will be at the game, so I know Ill do my part. So to answer your question, no, Im not holding the fans responsible for the team. Though I cant stand Tubby, I am judging the fans on their merit alone.

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

In response to AUMorgan21, I'm another who has grown to really dislike Auburn because of Tubby. While I pull for all SEC teams against nonconference foes, I can't seem to do it for Auburn these days. I admit that I was glad USC squeaked by you guys. I did take note, however, that many posters over at War Eagle nation seemed to be a bit tired of Tubby's act after that game which I found a little strange (considering AU played well) and also after the fake FG against Miss. St. last week (which would have disgusted me also if my coach did it).

I guess because of the last decade or two, Auburn is LSU's biggest rival now and it isn't quite a friendly one. The fact that we've played early in the season when expectations are the highest makes a loss that much more frustrating. I made the trip to AU when LSU won 31-19 and thought the Auburn fans were very hospitable. Although I think some of the horror stories from last year's game in BR were exaggerated, LSU fans were riled up like possibly never before so I'll give you guys the benefit of the doubt on that one. We were tired of people doubting us and were ready to let out all of our frustrations that night. Add Tubby and his pre-game cigar imitating mockery to the scenario and LSU fans were looking for blood. It wasn't like the typical SEC game where you want to hang out with the opposition and talk about Spurrier, Fat Phil, and other stuff. I'm hoping Auburn fans (and LSU fans) can rise above the recent turmoil and act like civilized adults in AU this year. There will certainly be some hostility and jerks on both sides, but hopefully they'll be in the minority.

8. Andy M

Andy M Freshman

Best Fans:
    1. South Carolina
    2. Arkansas
    3. Auburn

Worst Fans:
    1. Florida
    2. Alabama
    3. Ole Miss

Stadium: The Swamp

East: Florida
    West: :LSU
    SEC: LSU

9. Dixie Darlin

Dixie Darlin Founding Member

Best Fans:

LSU
    South Carolina
    Ole Miss

Worst Fans:

Auburn
    Auburn
    Auburn (If you read their message boards you'll see why I say
    this)

IMHO Tubby just seems to stir stuff up. Instead of lettting stuff go
    (cigar smoking ) he mocks it and stirs the pot alittle more. I think he likes antagonizing other coaches and fans. The only think that I blame barner fans for is making excusing for him and justifying everything he does.

10. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

I HATE AUBURN

I am not bashing anybody with this post but some of you need to read the direction of this poll.

Now Texastiger I am one of those people who does not hate Auburn because of Tommy he is a good reason now but he is not my reason. The reason I hate Auburn is because Dinardo's first game with Auburn which was his first game ever in Tiger Stadium you know the one where the PA guy said the "Magic is Back" I sat with friends in the North end and we had to walk past Auburn Fans coming out of the Stadium in the Southeast. LSU fans were have fun Auburn fans came out tring to pick fights. That is why I hate Auburn fans. My season tickets are in the Southeast and Auburn fans are the only ones that ever cause a problem that I have seen.

The one reason why I hate the fact that Bama is on probation is because more good players will go to Auburn because of Bama situation. I hope that some come to LSU after we show them who the Chalk is in the WEST.

ITS SO LOUD YOUR DEAF