SEC fan survey

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SECfanatic, Sep 23, 2002.

1. chuck

chuck Founding Member

Voting as an Auburn Fan

Best Fans (by best I mean friendly):
    1) South Carolina
    2) Tennesse (never had to travel there though)
    3) Arkansas

Worst
    1) LSU
    2) Alabama
    3) Florida

MOst intimidating place to play Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge.

East: Tennessee
    West: Auburn

SEC: Auburn

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Dont take it personally, guys! I was just thinking that if it is being posted on the other boards, and he is taking the first 15 responses from each board, it seems to me that he would want fans of the respective schools posting their opinions on their own boards. I know I would. Sorry if Im the only one that thinks that. What if he already has 15 responses from the AU or UA board? I dont care, you guys do what you want.

3. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I never thought this was just for the LSU

folks .

if so my bad . I will be happy to delete my post.

However, I stand by how I feel on that. One of the primary reasons I post on this board is because people like TigerSaint, Texastigers, LSU99, EllisHugh, and others are great to talk LSU football with. And, even as a Auburn fan, I still cheer for LSU when the outcome doesn't effect Auburn.

However, for reasons mentioned in my post (Here's my Case) I do have problems with how LSU fans can act en masse . . that is why I put them there. Every schools have fans that do stupid things . so its hard to seperate based on that. I apologize for offending anyone, but do not take it back.

4. Sambacocker

Sambacocker Freshman

In order to subjectively vote, I will disclude LSU and Ole Miss b/c they are the two SEC teams I have not seen play(live).

Best Fans?

Come on, it's USC...the iron fans of football. 0-11 and 11th in the nation in attendance(1999). Need I say more?

2. Miss. St. -my experience with Dawg fans is they have been very cordial and appreciative of traffic control to and from the games. Those who have not been to the Brice will understand after your first game.

3. Believe it or not, I'm going to say UF fans(and I'm originally from tally-ho). I have seen some fans go out of their way to make a good impression on us Cocks.

Worst fans....

1. Georgia-every game I have ever been to some Jawja boodawg tries to start a fight with me. This last game it was b/c I didn't want to give him my last cigarette. That's five years running(and I have never been in a fightor a confrontation in my flie. Go figure)

2. Klimpsin-they suck! What else needs to be said.

3. klimpsin-see #2

I won't say I haven't seen things with fans from any of the other SEC schools, including USC, that disturbs me. However, it only seems to be common with UGA...from my perspective.

5. msully

msully Founding Member

best fans

best- Vandy they hang around even without hope of winning Ole Miss- when they r losing they still wave that ole torn flag Bama- got caught and caught again but r still hollerin Roll Tide Roll WORST- UT fans - Going to a game you can see a millon UT flags hangin on cars after 1 loss coming from Knoxville to Nashville you will see NONE Auburn LSU Never happy with the team !!!!!! Steve is gone ___________________________________!!!!!! UT KNOXVILLE is the worst place to play a gmes in the SEC just because of size-------- UT to win the East LSU to win the west A repeat of the SEC Chamionship game sounds good to me Sully said that

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Chuck is a good guy. I think he has a right to his opinion being he did not embelish his reasoning. Of course we blast his school here daily so I am sure he gets upset just like we do when we hear other Auburn fans telling stories about things that never happened.
    So cut him some slack. Chuck comes here in peace. We all realize this is an LSU board and I think has respected that knowing that "All opinions expressed on this board are the strict opinions of a bunch of purple and gold coon-asses and reflect the opinions of LSU's 66,000 plus Season Ticket holders and its many of fans but that is about it. ;) )

Geaux Tigers.

Does not bother me CHuck thinks we are the worse fans. Promise once Tubby leaves Auburn the sun will start shining there and the birds will come out and the SEC will join in a chorus of Ding Dong the witch is dead !!!

Funny, Went to my vet yesterday. Ole Miss Graduate and Miss St, Doctorate in Vet medicine. Young lady, great vet. I got there with Gumbeaux and Tabasco (My two Boston Terriers) and she started bitching about Tuberville and how much her and her husband hate him. I thought is was funny.

Geaux Tigers.

7. chuck

chuck Founding Member

Texastigers . .

I don't you (personally) are the worst fans . .

I think its the people who I mentioned about about the "Auburn Sucks" chanting . .

I guess its just that everyone has had good and bad experiences with fans of each team . .so its really hard to single one out.

8. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

i Graduated LSU and Wife Went To Auburn... i Think we have a problem at LSU with some bad fans ... See the article of putting cameras in south endzone by our A.D. to catch the jerks... but i have had my car keyed at Auburn was refused service at a eating establishment in Mississippi because i wore my Purple And Gold in their after the game.... But i think as i have been to every S.E.C. Stadium and lot's of others. LSU parties and tailgates like no other school i have seen and we are so passionate i think some of our fans get out of hand... as with Auburn bad blood has formed with them as it has with other schools and lsu. My family has been lsu fans all our lifes i grew up with my Grandfathers stories of lsu tcu game of the final score of 3-2 and so on..... all i do KNOW is we are so fortunate to live where football is so loved
    in the SEC

Just my 2 cents......

Bill :rolleyes:

9. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

when is this guy going to post the results?

10. csmtiger

csmtiger Freshman

Questionaire

1. Best Fans

1. Kentucky
    2. South Carolina
    3. Alabama

2. Worst Fans

I've never been mistreated at any game I attended.

3. Most intimidating stadium

Neyland Stadium

4. SEC Champ:

East - Georgia
    West - LSU

SECCG Winner - LSU (OK I am biased)