SEC FINES KY $50,000.00 For LSU celebration

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by paducahmichael, Oct 15, 2007.

1. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

2. LSUguy31

LSUguy31 Guest

Maybe they'll finally learn. Or not... afterall they are from Kentucky.

3. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Was that really necessary? Such comments only make us look worse. Besides, it could be said we don't have much room to talk.

4. LSUguy31

LSUguy31 Guest

Well according to that article that was the 3rd incident in 2 seasons and the 2nd this year. At some point when does UK take some responsibility and ensure it doesn't happen. Although it didn't happen... what happens if 80,000 UK fans ended up assaulting our players or coaches? My point was not to bash people from Kentucky as a whole... but at some point after 3 incidents and extremely higher fines... you'd think they'd take action. Is it the weather this week or people overly sensitive today?

5. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

We did it three times in one season, if I remember correctly, during Saban's tenure.

All I'm saying is that it's kind of hypocritical to say maybe they won't learn because they're from Kentucky. Yes, at some point, the school needs to get a hold on the situation. No reason to bash the whole state, though. Again, many Louisiana residents aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, either.

1 person likes this.
  6. LSUguy31

LSUguy31 Guest

Well since i'm picked on by many northerers I know to be a Southern inbred moron from LA (in actuality i'm educated and not inbred)... I think I am allowed to make generalizations about southerners too. :thumb:

7. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

Ya know, to me, the only people who look stupid in this is the SEC. After 5-years of this policy we are still the only conference that has one. Even though i hate that we lost, I have no problem with kentucky fans rushing the field for their first win over a top-10 since the sixties. To me, rushing the field shows a passion and connection between a team and its fans that is sorely lacking in pro sports.

And another thing to all those folks who use that idiotic "act like you've been there before" line. It's college ball, the entire team AND STUDENT FANBASE are replaced every 4 years. So none of them have ever been there before.

8. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Most of my UK friends here in Paducah would say it was a bargain, and they'd do it again.

I think I understand how they feel. It WAS a big win for them.

9. Carface

Carface What the...?

Plus, the shelf life of a Kentucky football fan is about... one year.

10. Carface

Carface What the...?

One of the UK guys that parked next to us at the game apologized to me that LSU had to lose, but said that he was in shock and that this has to be the greatest moment in sports for him.

As much as I was disappointed in our loss, I was happy for him in a way. I remember ten years ago when LSU did the same thing to Florida and how great I felt after a long and frustrating period of time.

1 person likes this.