SEC FINES KY $50,000.00 For LSU celebration

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by paducahmichael, Oct 15, 2007.

1. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

I've always thought my tools were pretty sharp. :thumb:

Did anyone hear that Abraham guy on a national sports radio station late last week commenting on LSU being ranked #1 for Tailgating in a book? He said LSU is low rent, skanky and the people are trashy. He said tiger stadium was a dump with bars on windows of rooms that were once used for classrooms. He said the overall environment at LSU for a game was seedy and what can you expect from the state of Louisiana. LSU's campus is as dirty as the New Orleans French Quarter. He went on to say he could not believe Bama was not in the top 10. Then he said he broadcasts games in Birmingham for their arena league football game. It's amazing what guys will say to get attention.

Kentucky can do what ever they want. They have been a doormat for so long in football. I just hope their football fans aren't as arrogant and loud as their basketball fans. I loved Vandy sweeping them in basketball. They had a bunch of fans at Vandy for the game. They were talking so much trash in Vandy's house and Vandy shut them up. Of course that's what got Tubby fired.

2. LSUguy31

LSUguy31 Guest

We did it to Tennessee as well in the '01 SECC. I see both sides of the arguement but it is nice to see fan passion still alive when most everything else around us suck.

3. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

TenTex,

Trust me, a lot of folks in KY aren't even aware that they have a football team. BUT the ones that do know are pretty loyal....sort of like Saints fans over the years. :eek:ldskule:

4. LSUguy31

LSUguy31 Guest

Ain't that the truth. All of my friends call me an AIN'T fan.

5. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

I second that. My grandpa was taking with his brother in NY during the game last night. Said he stuck with the saints when they went 1-15, and he sure wasn't gonna jump ship over a 1-4 start.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

$50,000 isn't squat to a Division I football program. Fine them $500,000 and see if they can get it under control.

7. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

I was really happy for Kentucky, of course not that they beat LSU, but happy for their program to beat a #1 ranked team. The game looked great on TV. They have come a long way with their football facility. I'm still surprised they don't have a basketball next to their logo on the 50 yard line. Congrats to UK and their fans.

8. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

I'm glad they popped 'em. Wish it would have been a larger fine. As Red said, $500,000 would get their attention. Had the fine been of that amount, I don't think you'd see another hillbilly on the field in Kentucky. In times past, the whole rush the field and take down the goal post and carry it around town thing was sorta cool. But times are different. Security concerns are different. Fan behavior is different. A fan shouldn't assume that the price of a ticket gives them the right to enter restricted areas. The safety of all concerned is much more important than a temporary "rush" for a small %age of those in attendance.

Were there a need to evacuate a sports facility, it would be more difficult for those managing the situation if hundreds of folks were in areas they weren't supposed to be in. I'm all for everyone enjoying the most of the experience, but now, it just doesn't make sense to carry on practices or traditions that have outlived themselves. There are reasons that the decision makers decided on the rule.

9. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

"Get those damn kids off my lawn!! They might hurt themselves, with all that drinkin' and rock n' roll they do before the game! Just a buncha crazed young'uns who need a whippin' if ya's ask me!"

/end sarcasm

1 person likes this.
  10. yitbos

yitbos Freshman

How exactly do you plan on keeping 65,000 people from doing what they want to do?

As for people being from Kentucky being hillbillies...well..im not too sure you should be saying much of anything about that. Every group has their morons. Besides....same thing would have happened at any school in the country had they been in UK's shoes