SEC game of the year in two weeks: Georgia @ LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Sep 7, 2003.

1. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Is the Georgia game time (2:30, CBS) set in stone....over on a Gator board they were talking about CBS possibly picking up the FLA/TENN game and that would leave LSU/GA to ESPN....I am almost certain that CBS has already picked up our game, but has anything changed that i'm not aware of????

by the way, Southlink, are you gonna start talking some smack next week........you need too. You also need to recruit some more UGA fans to come on this board, I never really see any UGA fans on message boards (does UGA have any good boards)

2. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Well from what I have I've seen LSU game is still at 2:30. CBS is going to have a doubleheader that day. They had to decide between Fla/Tenn or LSU/Georgia. The first game is to start at 12:00 Eastern and the second at 3:30 Eastern(2:30 Baton Rouge). They chose Fla/Tenn to go at 12:00. If they would have chosen the LSU game it would have been at 11:00 just like the crappy JP games. LSU lucked out some what and got the 2:30 game. I hoped it was going to be a ESPN 6:45 game but CBS has 1st choice on games. Hey look at it this way, the game will be on National TV.

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

On SECSports.com it has UF/Tenn at 11am Central and LSU/UGA at 2:30 Central time and both game on CBS. So it looks like they have an SEC Doubleheader that day.

4. SovietGator

SovietGator Founding Member

Texastigers, shhhhh....

Hope your players and coach think Georgia is the SEC game of the year for LSU.

LSU will beat Georgia, they are overrated, as is Tennessee.

I'll go on record now, UF/LSU in Atlanta for the SECC.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Sorry Soviet when you have Maimi down 33-10 people take notice. that Chris Leak kid appears to be yet another fantastic QB for Florida. (Damn, just when we though Zook was going to send UF into the world of South Carolina)

they only question Florida has is the head coach. But based on what I have seen so far. The Gators look pretty damn solid...

6. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

:D :D :D :D The realization that Spurrier has left still hasn't hit Gainsville. The Pre-Spurrier championship tradition will continue this year.

7. SovietGator

Texas,

First off, I lived in Baton Rouge and New Orleans for over 17 years so I have been to more LSU games than UF games just about. I haven't missed a UF/LSU game in 14 years. I have a bunch of buds that are season tix holders at LSU. I'll be at the game in a few weeks tailgating with all of them. Your fellow Tiger fan SoLa in NoIll who post's here can vouch for me.

Yeah, Leak is going to be a superstar. We're loaded with Parade All-Americans at QB, RB, and WR. People thought we would suck without Grossman this year, but they will be sadly mistaken when they play us.

I am very pleased with Zook and Strong, it is Zaunbrecher I hate. The guy has no business being in the SEC, he runs a Pop Warner caliber offense. He will be our demise in a few games such as FSU and LSU. I firmly believe we will win the rest.

No one has us on their radar as they take the advice of the media idiots and pollsters and assume UF is done. You don't have a premier program in the state of Florida and all of a sudden shrivel up. We are loaded with studs, they are just young and inexperienced. We will be a wrecking crew in 2 more seasons.

I still say we win the SEC East and will be playing ya'll in Atlanta for the SECC. Our game in a few weeks will be a barnburner. How did Jamarcus Russell look Saturday? During recruiting I wanted either him or Leak, so I was gald we got one of them.

8. SovietGator

SouthLink,

Come on man, when you beat us you can talk smack. We RUINED your Championship hopes last year...

We have too much talent to suck, no matter who our coach is.

9. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

From what I saw, he did an outstanding job keeping that bench warm..:D :D :D Saban never put Jamarcus in.

10. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Him and Matt Flynn's hat and clip board look great...

Played all the other Freshman though - And yes they all look good (Despite Alley's 2 fumbles he looks like a player)