SEC game of the year in two weeks: Georgia @ LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Sep 7, 2003.

1. SovietGator

SovietGator Founding Member

Is he going to reshirt?

2. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Soviet...From the looks of it, both Russell and Flynn will redshirt.

3. SovietGator

Allright, we didn't have that luxury with Leak, hopefully he stays all 4 years though. I can dream...

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Depending on how Mauch does they may not play next year either (Mauck is a Junior and he wont go pro)

Of course like you guys with Leak... Us Tiger fans are chomping at the bit to see one of those two take some snaps...

5. SovietGator

Know how that is. I wanna see how we do against UT and ya'll do against a quality opponent, then we may have a feel for what our game will be like in 4 weeks.

I can't wait...

6. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

We have beaten you evident by owning the overall series by 10+ games.

No matter who your coach is? Funny....not what most UF fans said after last year's record.:D :D :D :D :D

7. SovietGator

SouthLink,

I'm 35 so I don't use that over all series stuff. If the game was played before I was 18 I don't count it. I'm sure most of the Tiger fans on here don't wear or own National Championship merchandise from 1958.

Most UF fans thought we would get some great coach after Spurrier left, thing is they didn't realize no great coach wanted to follow in Spurrier's footsteps. Coaches knew the Florida fans would be like the Bama fans after the Bear left, forever unforgiving and spoiled.

The UF job was the kiss of death so that is why you didn't see the big name coaches lining up for it. I was more than happy with an 8-5 record after replacing a legend like Spurrier with a nobody like Zook. An 8-5 record doesn't suck so to say, but a 5-8 record does.

We took our lumps last season even with a new coaching staff, scheme, and philosophy. Any Gator fan that expected Zook to produce a Spurrieresque season his first year on the job was a complete IDIOT. Any coach with a proven track record (Stoops, Saban, Holtz, JoePa, Bowden, Richt, Coker) could have walked into UF last season and ran the table with our talent and program.

I'll be happy with a 9-4 or 10-3 record this year from Zook. Anything less than that and I won't be happy. If Zook goes 8-5 for three straight seasons he will be gone, the BullGators and empty seats will see to that. Then the fun will begin as UF will wave the Big $$$$ to lure a great head coach to town.

We are sort of in the same boat LSU was in the late 80's, what our Athletic Director does in the next 2 years will either restore or ruin our football program.

8. SouthLink02

LOL, got to love the "well, if I wasn't born it doesn't count" or all of that talk. If you want to use the "beat us then talk" garbage, I will use the "we have MANY times" argument. Can't have a two-way street my friend.

9. SovietGator

Allright South, I'll quit the pi$$ing contest until after the Cocktail Party as this will further deteriorate. I'll admit our win last year was a fluke, the National Championship Football Gods just weren't smiling on you in last years Cocktail Party.

If you couldn't beat us with your best team in 20 years last season, you will most certainly beat us this year. :D

10. SouthLink02

So your saying the best team has won every year in Jacksonville? Boy...you really don't know the history do you....lol