SEC game of the year in two weeks: Georgia @ LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Sep 7, 2003.

1. SovietGator

SovietGator Founding Member

South,

I'm a what have you done for me lately kind of guy. Lately means last year and this year. I don't care what the over all series record is. My friggin' grandfather who is 85 couldn't give me the series record.

You think I'm happy that UF holds the edge in over all victories over FSU or that we are almost even with Miami?? In the last 14 years they have both spanked our ass regularly, many of those times a National Championship was on the line. I don't bring up that over all series crap to their fans or my Cane or FSU friends, what a joke.

I would get laughed out of Doak Campbell Stadium or the Orange Bowl if I did that, and that's if I was lucky. It's more realistic that I would get my a$$ kicked, get pelted with bottles and cups, etc, etc.

You don't see Two Heisman winners, 1996 National Champions, or 6 time SEC Champions in my signature line below do you? That is ANCIENT history.

It's allright man, I know how you truly felt after last year's Cocktail Party, and the 12 before that (Except 97'). You can let it out bud, it's okay to cry, accept the agony of defeat. I felt the same way in 97' when LSU got us, and the same way Saturday night when Miami stuck the dagger in our heart ONCE AGAIN, just as UF has done to Georgia in your lifetime MANY TIMES.

With your reasoning, if Georgia beats Florida 65-0 in a few months I shouldn't be worried about it. I can just sit and watch old gametape of the last 13 Cocktail Partys and relish our decade of dominance over the Dogs.

Is that what you do, watch gametape of all the UGA/UF games before 1990 to pretend UF's dominance over UGA the last 13 years never happened?

Learn to say it, our hated rival Florida ruined our National Championship hopes last year. I have certainly learned to say that about FSU and Miami over the years.

Go Dogs! (Except in the Cocktail Party)
    Go Tigers! (Except the 2nd weekend of October)
    Go Gators!
    Go SEC! :D

2. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Of course you are a what have we done lately type person. You should be because before Spurrier came, UF DID NOTHING. I wouldn't expect anything more from a UF person because thats the way the entire fan base is. Screw what happened before Spurrier. That doesn't count. LOL

13 wins....SEC Title....BCS Win...

Michigan embarressment.....Coach mocked.....9 wins.....which one would you take? LOL

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

My Dad had a license plate on the front of his car that said LSU 1958 National Champions. He put it on every new car he bought up until the early 70's. I haven't seen one of those things for years. Does anybody still have one? They used to be a pretty common sight around here.

4. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

Don't Georgia and/or Florida have message boards???

5. SovietGator

Spurrier had absolutely nothing to do with ruining your Championship season last year, and he will have nothing to do with it this year either, the "mocked" coach Zook will...

I'll GLADLY take UF's record last season over going 13-1, missing a shot at the National Championship, and missing that shot at the NC due to losing to our most hated rival such as UT, FSU, UM, or UGA.

I'll GLADLY trade last season over the 95' season where we went undefeated in the regular season (12-1) and got our a$$es STOMPED and HUMILIATED in the Fiesta Bowl by Nebraska.

Do some research youngin' we won the National Championship in 1984 in EIGHT different polls. We had great teams in 83', 84', and 85'. Our football history shows we didn't suck as bad as you say.

http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/ia_football_past_champs.html

http://www.michigan-football.com/ncaa/f/florida.htm

Sure it was later proven we cheated to achieve that success, but so did other National Championship winning programs over the years such as Miami, Oklahoma, Nebraska, ALABAMA (Most of the NCAA rules exist because of The Bear), Clemson, and Auburn.

The way you talk you'd think Geogia gained 11 players from the NFL, not lost them.

6. SovietGator

BengalB,

I lived in Baton Rouge for 11 years and don't ever recall seeing those, just the Billy Cannon footage.

Spring,

Umm, yeah they do. This thread did turn into a pi$$ing contest between a Dog and a Gator, I'm tired of pi$$ing though so the thread should eventually move onto the seocnd page. :D

7. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

:D :D :D :D Someone is trying backpedal off a bad season. I will let you have that win and take the SEC Championship. Since I am 21...I have yet to see UF win an SEC Title since I was 18....so they don't count. Remember that? :D :D

8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

SEC game of the year for sure. Dont want to overlook anyone though. This week we must jump on the opponent and make a statement like last week and dont let up. A nail biter against a team like this is not what you want. SMOKE'EM!!!!!!!!