SEC has 3 of the top 6 stupid football schools.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olVENICEdog, Mar 23, 2004.

1. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

LSU has a 29% graduation rate in football. Only 6 other teams are dumber. Pitt 16%, Texas 19%, Mississippi 23%, Kentucky 24%, Colorado State 26% and Cent. Florida tied LSU @ 29%. :geaux: :champs: :cuss:

*NOTE Boston College 95% and Notre Dame was a close second w/92% :cool:

Here is something to think about- 58 0f 328 Division 1 basketball teams failed to graduate a single black player in 6 years. :dis:

2. olVENICEdog

I found that @ Sportsillustrated.com go to search and put in graduation rate college football mike fish.

no mention about Indiana I didn't know they had a football team!

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

try this link it has a lot of info from....last year it seems. baseball rates are interesting.

link

4. olVENICEdog

Stanford Basketball 100% grad rate =>wow how do they do it?
    Oklahoma+Memphis+UNLV+Houston+New Mexico = 0%

5. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

There are too many things not considered in these things, like transfers and missions like BYU. If a player starts at LSU, but transfers to SLU and grad. it is as he never grad. at all. We are penalized for that. With BYU they have so many athletes who start school and then go do missions for a couple of years. They don't grad. on time according to the stats so they are penalized. Anyways our grad. rates are up big time under Saban and are now actually 2nd in the SEC behind only Vanderbilt.

6. tirk

yep that article takes into account prior 6 years I think it said from when it was written so that isn't saban's numbers and I remember him announcing what you said at the bash. its quite misleading....

not sure why we would have so many more transfers than other schools to affect the %'s too much however. We dont have many mormons going on missions, do we?

7. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

Does it take into account the players that go to the NFL early?

8. tirk

i think it is just raw data that takes nothing into consideration but i am not sure.

9. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Year before last, we had the 2nd highest graduation rates in the SEC.

Brace yourselves fellas. Due to the heavy player attrition rates we suffered during the last two years of DiNardo, the graduation rate this year and next is gonna look awfully bad. But as soon as Saban's classes start graduating, they'll pick back up again. Our team GPA, which remains very high, is a good indicator of that.