SEC insights from the outside by a Duck

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GoDucks349, May 2, 2011.

1. GoDucks349

GoDucks349 Veteran Member

First, I've traveled a bit of this country, 49 states so far and that's been both rural and urban environments in many states. So here's some insights from a PAC-12 guy

1. Damn everyone seems to hate Bama. When we were getting ready to play Tenn last year all everyone really wanted to talk about other than the Ducks was Bama. Sort of the same with Auburn, of course that's an in state rivalry. Now here, it seems Bama is high on the LSU radar. Finally, I think I saw a post where Bama was the most hated program in the country. They certainly know how to get people ticked at them

2. Tenn fans were a mix bag at first when I started posting there. Some looking to do nothing but trash talk how they would run all over us because of our size and not having SEC talent. Then it turned out a lot of them were pretty cool and we had a lot of good posts. Even had a couple of them tell the local homers to back off on me.

3. Auburn, quite different the most ingratious fans I've been around, just a hostile environment without much football chat. Tough talking with them at all. Even after the game not a decent comment from anyone. I got a very shallow feeling about Auburn fans.

4. LSU, pretty cool so far. Seem to have sense of humor and a light hearted nature. Sure we're still aways off from the game, but people have been nice. Look forward to having some great football chat before and after the game.

Looking forward to a GREAT game to start the season.

1 person likes this.
  2. chewie

chewie Glitched

Happy to talk pigskins with any football fan, cept for some bammers of course. Most of us are bearable though. We'll at least get you drunk before we talk your face off.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Which one is missing? Hawaii?

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to GoDucks349 again". :thumb:

5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Get the hell out of here. We don't like your kind. :)

Welcome...looking forward to the game as well. Should be a good one.

6. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

nah, gotta be alaska right?

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm happy you also saw what most of us see in AU fans. They love to talk about how awful LSU fans are up and down the Information Super Highway, but when push comes to shove, who's awful?

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Thought it was one or the other, but since he lives in Oregon, he's fairly close to Alaska. Plus, he's clearly a Sarah Palin fan.

9. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

As long as you recognize that, we will run all over you because of your lack of size and SEC talent…all will be well my friend ;)

10. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I think its all relative to what kind of fan you are. Those fans that seem to care just a little to much seem to take offense to a little ribbing. Of course every fan base has its bad apples, the larger the fan base the more you are going to have. I am looking forward to this season, and I think the game in Dallas will will be great.

I am debating if I should head up to Dallas and set up my blind. I hear there may be some good duck hunting up there.