SEC insights from the outside by a Duck

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GoDucks349, May 2, 2011.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Tennessee and Bama have a nasty rivalry. Obviously so do AU & Bama although it's different because there are usually fans of both teams within extended families.

I've heard a lot of LSU fans that consider the older generation of Bama fans to be very knowledgable and cordial. Success can spoil attitudes of younger generations, which has happened to some degree with our own LSU fans. Often these spoiled fans are just jumping on the bandwagon. I like having bandwagon fans that take the time to learn our history and treat opposing fans with respect. I don't like bandwagon fans that are just looking for a party and to instigate fights with others. Bama (and LSU) have a large segment of each type of bandwagon fans.

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I think for the most part, it is still that way in Tuscaloosa. The internet fans are the worst, though.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

So, Duck? Which is the missing state?

4. GoDucks349

GoDucks349 Veteran Member

West Virginia. I usually go to Hawaii in Feb for vacation most years.

5. GoDucks349

Thanks, we'll have some fun. Enjoy the run up to game time, learn a bit as well.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You should go. It's almost heaven.

7. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

I like hearing from "knowledgeable" fans from different teams we get to play that we have not played very much in the past. Some FANS go overboard and just want to down the competition, but I like having some Oregon insight to the game.....if he's a realist, give us little tidbits of who to look for, who do you think or the game changers for Oregon....besides the obvious, LM James, the QB....who else are names we have not heard about that should have big impacts.

8. GoDucks349

Probably headed back to Alaska in the next couple months. It's really different up there. No people, rugged wild west environment and twice the size of TX. White mountains for as far as you can see.

9. GoDucks349

I was headed there once and got as far as DFW and a flood washed out the town my client was in. I've seen it from low altitude, just never stepped foot in it.

10. GoDucks349

Other than James and Thomas, you might want to keep your eye on Barner RB, Seastrunk RB and Harris WR kick returner. That's the names that come to mind quickly. I'll give you more as we go. Ducks are probably thin at middle linebacker. I'm not sure anyone has more depth at RB than Oregon this year. Also, we've got a pretty good backup for Thomas at QB, he may be a better athlete and QB, just lacks the experience.

How'd you guys handle a fast paced offense last year. Did your guys get winded in the second half with Auburn? Do you guys like to sub on defense to stay fresh?

As you are probably already well aware, the Ducks like to keep the pace fast so opponents can't sub on defense and just wear them down. One Tenn d-lineman asked for mercy in the second half last year. He told a Duck o-lineman that if the Ducks kept up the pace he'd be puking on the field. Stanford, AZ and ASU all started faking injuries just so they could get subs in.

The defense will gamble a lot, not necessarily blitz a lot, but gamble...... Two different things. Cam had problems reading the defense in the NC. So I'd suggest and experienced QB would be important for LSU. I think you have him in Jefferson, right?