SEC insights from the outside by a Duck

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GoDucks349, May 2, 2011.

1. GoDucks349

GoDucks349 Veteran Member

LOL, Hope you are stocked with a lot of that Tenn/SEC talent. :)

Frankly this game scares the heck out of me. Or offense usually doesn't start hitting it's stride for a couple games and starting against an excellent defense doesn't sound fun for my Ducks

2. GoDucks349

They were more like Ohio St fans than anything.

3. GoDucks349

Now now, calling me a Palin fan is nothing more than an insult to my intellect.

I think Anchorage is about as close to Portland as New Orleans. Both are a couple thousand miles.

4. GoDucks349

I've got a lot of respect for a Tiger as a mascot. To have a Duck as a mascot you have to have a good sense of humor. Should be plenty of Ducks there, it's only a little over 3 hours by air.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Blue Ridge mountains, Shenendoah River...

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I do love Alaska and you're right. :)

7. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

To answer your QB question a lot of Tiger fans are a little apprehensive with Jefferson. Even with the experience he seems to have regressed each season he has played. Our back-up, Jarrett Lee, was thrown to the wolves his freshman season...threw more TD's to opponents than his own guys practically. I'm not sure he has recovered but hopefully matured. Seems like guys who are suspect in their early years step up as seniors. We hope it happens this year. Mettenburger is new to the fold. Bumped out at Georgia for trying to have drunk sexy time with a UGA boosters daughter. Spent some time in JC, lit up the baby college circuit, now some LSU fans think he is the second coming. I think he is next years project.

8. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Jefferson is certainly experienced. Whether that means he can read a defense would be purely speculation, though.

We like to think that we have one of the best S&C programs in the country, as Tommy Moffitt, entering his 12th season at LSU, has won a couple Strength and Conditioning Coordinator of the Year awards. The biggest issue against Auburn was our inability to tackle, though. Yes, we substitute quite liberally on defense, especially on the DL and the DBs, but I feel like they stayed out there a lot longer than they should have, not because they were gassed, but because they just couldn't wrap up. The TOP for the Auburn game really wasn't all that lopsided, even after we couldn't sustain a drive during the entire second half, and continually allowed them new sets of downs after contact.

9. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I sort of avoided the question, I guess. I'd say yes, I think they were tired by the end of the game, but I don't think that's what did us in.

10. msully

msully Founding Member

Palin Fan and a Geaux Tiger fan

Niow if we want too go there i will be glad too, just for a start
    1 Welfare needs too be cut by 80%
    2 All aid too other natons nees tom be cut now !
    But it is more fun ,too just say "GEAUX TIGERS !! "