SEC insights from the outside by a Duck

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GoDucks349, May 2, 2011.

1. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Let's just say...
    GEAUX TIGERS !!

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yall still chirpin that crap? I remember so many last year saying that AU would and not believing my prediction of a very close game and a shocker for SEC homers.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I believe he's just kidding, tiga. Duck fan mentioned in an earlier post that Tenn fan was chirping that crap before they got drubbed last year. :thumb:

4. GoDucks349

GoDucks349 Veteran Member

It's really pretty standard stuff, anytime you are an up and coming program playing a "traditional" power, the comments are going to be similar. It's the "We've got history" "We've got mega stadium" "We've got recruits" "We've got mega star coach". We got that before the Michigan (2 games) series a couple years back, same with Texas, Tenn, Oklahoma, Ohio State and Auburn. Of course we won all but the Ohio State and Auburn games, and yes probably shouldn't have won the Oklahoma game. All I'm really saying is we're use to being told we're to small, lack talent, don't play big time schedules, use gimmic offense to over come the lack of talent. Can't recruit etc. We'll continue hearing it every year until we've got a NC or two under our belts. We haven't reached our goal yet, just getting closer that's all. And the closer you get the tougher it is to accomplish. So we'll just have to keep getting better.

5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Nonsense... He doesn't hate everyone. A slight variation of a line from Full Metal Jacket describes him perfectly...

"Believe it or not, but under fire, SabanFan can be a wonderful human being. All he needs is somebody throwing grenades at him 'til the end of his life."

:wave:

6. Mezmorizor

Mezmorizor Founding Member

Honestly, who can blame him?

How good at run stopping would you say your defense is, because I fully don't expect JJ to be able to read that amoeba defense, but if MLB is a weakness for you guys(as it probably is for us, along with QB, again), then I could see Ware and company running all over you guys, but it should be an interesting game. Hopefully I'll be able to score some tickets.

Edit: More in depth analysis later, maybe

7. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

Did I chirp that before...I think I said then (though maybe not on here) that it would be a one score game.

Correct, it was joke.

I think that it is going to be a who has the ball last type of game...should be a good one.

8. GoDucks349

GoDucks349 Veteran Member

Usually, we never have to worry about an opponent beating us with just the running game. It's fairly typical that the Ducks will throw everything they have at stopping the run. Then see if you can beat them over the top. That's just how Allioti runs his defenses. I'm not always pleased with the outcome, it's a bit of the classic "bend but don't break" philosophy, but generally speaking if you don't throw successfully against the Ducks you don't win.

Over the last two years the Ducks have lost four games.
    Auburn passing 20 of 34 for 264 yards and 254 rushing
    Ohio St passing 23 of 37 for 266 yards and 153 rushing
    Stanford passing 12 of 20 for 251 yards and 254 rushing
    Boise St passing 19 of 29 for 197 yards and 164 rushing

Basically, what I think goes on is that you have to be successful throwing the ball to beat the Ducks. Yes you'll get yards on the ground, but to get in the end zone you need to throw a good part of the time.

One other thing to add to this is that Cam Newton and Tyrel Pryor threw more passes against the Ducks than they did against any other opponent that year. Newton threw 34 his second most was against So Carolina when he threw 28. Pryor threw 37 againt the Ducks and his second most was 31 against Purdue in a loss.

So I'd expect the Ducks to try and force LSU to throw more than they want by throwing maybe 9 guys at the line on occasion.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Bring it on. A lot of people do piss me off though. Mainly inconsiderate, selfish people.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Please . . . oh, please . . .

Amigo, we see a lot of 8-man stacked lines in the SEC. Everybody dares LSU to throw and it ain't our first rodeo. But you put nine men on the line and Mettenberger will have two open receivers in two seconds.