SEC & instant replay

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Mar 3, 2005.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

2. DRC

DRC TigerNator

wow...interesting. Thanks for the heads up!

3. Carface

Carface What the...?

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

However, the system would not necessarily have altered the SEC's most publicized officiating mistakes last season - a clock-management gaffe in the Florida-Tennessee game and an apparent pass interference that wasn't called in the end zone during the Alabama-LSU game.

If available and it didn't change the not called pass interference, it would prove that some refs are definitely deaf, dumb, and blind!

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Kind of stupid this replay rule wont allow for rectifying the obvious mistake in the Florida-Tenn fiasco. That was so blatantly wrong its rediculous. I even heard Gaston on the radio several days later agreeing a mistake was made. Why cant these situations be resolved in replay?

In our situation, I know many dont think there was interference on the play but I did. The ref was suspended although nothing was mentioned by Gaston but based on the actions he took its obvious he agreed it was a bad non-call.

6. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Well it would not have changed the non calls mentioned in the article because that is not what instant replay is for. It is to correct judgement CALLS.

I want to go on record now as saying I hate instant replay. I think it's a waste of time and at a 50% reversal rate I say just put extra officials on the field. The game is faster now and if you gave the officials less area to cover your chances of geting it right should go up. It the Vol Gator game however the official was looking striaght at the whole play.

7. clair

clair Rockets

It is a necessary tool!

Player's play and work too hard to have human error take it away from them!

8. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Funny how a non-call is not considered a judgement call but a call that was made and could be wrong is. How bizarre is that? LOL

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

no its not odd at all. totally not practical to review every play of every game to see what is missed.

10. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I agree to some extent Tirk and while it may not be pratical to review every play there should be some kind of safegaurd in place to reverse a situation like the TENN-FLA fiasco.

My point was however, a judgement call is just that. Even a non-call is a judgement call so I dont buy this line about judgment calls being reserved for only the ones that are made and not the ones that are missed. Its all a judgement call either way.