SEC officials experienced offseason of "soul searching"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I buy all that for 2-3 holding calls in 10 games. Zero? Don't buy it.

Matters not. Part of the game.

2. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

as long as bama is in the sec and hc of the sec is in burmigham then the gumps will get favorable officiating.

I hate those gumps more than runny bowels, migrane headaches, and pms when im horny.

3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

I'm visualizing, but no, it just ain't happening. On a high note, I'm the 100,000 visitor. Got to go pick up my new Buick.

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I hate it, but Times is right. They got jobbed in the game Saturday with some really bad calls. Yes, there were some of the obligatory missed holding calls to benefit Bama, but there were some agregious calls that went against Bama. The phantom PI call was almost funny it was so bad. The ball landed nearly 20 yds from the receiver, and if I'm not mistaken, landed OOB anyway. And no, it wasn't a defensive holding penalty...it was a PI that DID occur...but nonetheless...nowhere near a catchable ball.

5. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

So, it's coaching? Then why when the great one was here, and we won the NC, were we one of the most penalized teams in college football?

6. TUSKtimes

Don't know why you feel where ever coach Saban is , history must repeat itself? Players are different, coaches are difference, program is different. We don't get the same results from year to year, much less discussing different schools. Bama had a very mature team last year, that didn't make a lot of mistakes.

7. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

that's his way of saying bama is better than LSU no matter who the coach is.

i agree that saban is a better coach now than he was at LSU (because coaches like players hit primes and such) it's not a coincidence though that finding a holding penalty against bama is harder than finding a WVU fan with a full set of teeth.

yeah the PI call sucked. 25 more of those and i guess it'll be even.

8. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Some facts for consideration:

1. SEC football is Big business and the new SECTV contracts reflect the highly-profitable nature of the business.

2. SEC Presidents desire maximum revenues for thier member institutions.

3. In general, revenues are maximized by sending two SEC programs to BCS Bowls annually, with a preference towards one being in the BCSC Game.

4. Slive's mission is to deliver maximum revenues to the BCS presidents.

5. Slive directs Redding and sets the tone for SEC Officiating.

6. The SEC Offices are located in Birmingham and there are an abundance of alabama supporters employed by the SEC locally.

From there, I believe most folks that are educated in the ways of business are capable of developing thier own conclusions. When discussing huge sums of revenues, some are inclined to support an "end justifies the means" approach ..... I'm jes' sayin'

[​IMG]

9. TUSKtimes

If we can get Oliver Stone to direct this stuff, we may have a hit.

Given Auburn's close proximity to the state of Alabama, makes one wonder, why a business degree from your neck of the woods can't get them a good job in B'ham. to straighten out this mess.

1 person likes this.