SEC to address Dorsey's chop block

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUgirlinTx, Oct 22, 2007.

1. LSUgirlinTx

LSUgirlinTx Is it game time yet?

http://thewizardofodds.blogspot.com/

:confused:
    In what way? Do they have the power to suspend Ramsey?

2. Potted Plant

Potted Plant Founding Member

I've never heard of the conference having the authority to do anything other than issue statements and talk to schools involved.

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Here is a blog post re the video:

2 comments:
    crystian ram said...
    As Auburn fan I agree that this was not a cool thing to do; but later in the game LSU did the same thing to one of Auburn's lineman.

1:55 PM
    Dallas Tiger said...
    Really? Then post your proof. This was a dirty, flagrant, cheap shot by two freshmen offensive linemen who were getting owned by Dorsey most of the game to that point.

Hey Crystian Ram, get real !

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Neither have I, but it'll make Tuberville look really bad for not suspending his player if the SEC decides to make a strong statement (and that's a very big if).

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

When has he ever cared about looking bad? He's already said it wasn't intentional. I don't think he's going to do anything.

6. lsudolemite

He'd better care unless he wants Auburn to acquire a rep as a "dirty" program and give Saban a monopoly on recruiting in Alabama, or if he wants officials to put his players under a microscope on every play for the rest of the season. One way or another, he will have problems down the road if he is perceived as being soft on disciplining his players and the SEC comes down hard.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Did Miles suspend RM for the spear, or the player who committed the flagrant face mask in the South Carolina game?

8. lsudolemite

1. Neither of those are even close to the severity of intentionally trying to take out a player's knee and possibly ending a career before it even gets started. If the SEC made a public statement about those actions, you can bet a lot of eyebrows would have been raised if Miles didn't publicly take action like a suspension.
    2. As bad as they were, the SEC did not condemn either of those incidents. Tuberville has gone on record as saying it was unintentional, which contradicts what the video evidence shows and what many fans of both Auburn and LSU believe to be the case, but there is room for debate. But if the SEC office says that it was intentional, it will make Tuberville look foolish if he takes no action after explicitly saying he doesn't condone such behavior.

IMO, I take Tuberville at his word that he doesn't condone those types of actions. If the SEC says it was not intentional, end of story. If they say it was (and I believe that to be the case), then he now has a credibility problem if he doesn't address it further.

9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Does intent really frickin matter? To paraphrase, he didn't intend to cripple him (tubs argument), just hurt him really bad....:nope:

Now if you wanna argue accidental through a trip... oh wait that won't work either since there was no one to trip on.

This will go nowhere as usual. Who here really believes the SEC wants to mess with status quo. Just let it go because I am sure the team will remember this prick during next years game and he will get karma with interest.

I would like to think Murphy got some serious one-on-one motivational coach time for that stunt. I was seriously ashamed, moving on...

Later,
    Fur

10. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Tubby knows what happened, he's not going to call a freshman out publicly. Lets not forget, football IS a contact sport. It was a cheap shot, hopefully GD isn't injured too badly. Those two Freshman better start saying their prayers.