SEC - Top Five By Position

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerBait3, May 15, 2008.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I was going to ask the same thing...

2. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

not certain why you would say that, but I would caution anyone about reading too much into Rainey's success in the spring game. IMHO, Moody will assume the starter role by the third game of the season, if not before the completion of fall ball. Moody goes two bills and has legit 4.5 speed and superb cutting quickness ...... "cuts on a time and leaves a nickel in change"
    Reminds me a lot of Amp Lee.

Not only that, but he's durable too and is one of those backs that improves as the game goes on and he receives more carries. Moody was not 100% for the spring, be he should be before two-a-days.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I'm not taking anything from the Spring game. I'm taking it from everything I've read about UF's spring practices, which is that regardless of Moody's talent he doesn't know the system (after a year in it).

4. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

no, but TSN is just horrible at coll fball.

i didn't know where the list was from when i first started reading it and then i thought why no ciron black, why no d-byrd, why no tyson jackson, or beckwith, then i looked at where it came from and it all made sense.
    i don't think anyone at TSN actually watches college football. they just check the highlights btwn MLB and NFL games.

i usually go to cfn or somewhere like that, at least they actually are informed whether i agree with their opinions or not.

but yeah, i'm kind of ranty lately. sorry. work's been suckily busy as of late i guess.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

actually the first two words of my post gave you a pretty strong hint as to where it came from. ;)

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Two words...He fumbles. IMHO, as talented as he is, knowing our staff's tendencies, he wouldn't start here. KW fumbled in the spring game, and got his arse chewed big time. He hasn't lost a fumble in a real game in his career. Moody fumbles...and that'll be his downfall.

7. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

By that, I assume you mean overall depth in the conference. I'd say LSU's depth is pretty amazing. If KW can hold onto the ball.

Edumacate me, amigo (HT: Red). When I look at LaFell, I think possession receiver (if he truly has stopped dropping the ball). When I look at Byrd, I think ditto, but with breakaway speed that almost all DBs won't catch. Is LaFell that much better at running routes? Or does Byrd suck at that? Or is Byrd limited in some other way?

What's holding the Mitchells back? I thought Chris Mitchell looked pretty good during the Spring Game. I have to admit, I have no idea why Jared Mitchell hasn't done more - opportunity, maybe?

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Keiland has a lot of things to improve - not just holding onto the ball, but yes I was referring to the conference as a whole.

Byrd has speed & more speed. LaFell is pretty speedy but a great blocker & route-runner. Both have good hands.

Maybe Byrd will be a more complete WR this (last year was only his first in our program), but right now LaFell is the more polished WR.

Chris Mitchell is solid, just not spectacular. Jared Mitchell would be a great Early Doucet-type WR, but just hasn't stepped up into that role - possibly because of splitting time with baseball. I'm not sure why.

9. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I'm hoping he (or someone) learns to hit the holes as fast as Hester did last year. Forgot to mention that before.

Good call.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

That's why I predict Charles Scott to get the bulk of the carries.