SEC Tournament

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, May 19, 2015.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Other than 2 pitches and a walk, they threw on par with lange. Pen was no less pedastrian than lange. Stallings gave them the fastball they waited all day on. Dominated all day with the breaking ball. I'd say the pen is not at fault here.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Its a team loss, but our Pen is good.

3. AndrewAce24

AndrewAce24 Founding Member

My point still stands. TODAY our bullpen looked bad. For the tournament, they've been money. Only reason we were still playing today.

Is that knowledgeable enough for you?

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I've seen bad and that wasn't it. Was it awesome? No, but not bad.

5. AndrewAce24

Well had Florida not shit the bed with their base running in the 8th, it certainly would've been worse.

Look, I'm not down on the pitching staff. Just pointing out the irony that after two poor starting pitching performances with stellar bullpens, we end up with the complete opposite today. We're young. Hopefully this tournament taught them some things before the real postseason starts.

On the bright side, Lange looked dominant. Yeah he had 5 walks, but his misses were close and the strike zone was tight early on. He looked nasty on the last two batters he faced.

6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Our pen was fine. Was offense putting the ball in the air and stranding runners. Fraley doesn't get caught tripping at 2nd, different ball game. Shit happens when you play one of the best defenses in the country.

We get 1 run today. We got 18 runs last 2 games. Pen kept it not even close and threw just a tad short today. Despite todays pen, our offense dictates the results.

We are still the #1 team in the country. Today changed nothing.

7. AndrewAce24

I'm very excited about the post season with this team. I see them going deep into the tourney.

CajunlostinCali likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

LSU seems to be good at stranding base runners, but I agree that Stallings shouldn't be the guy right there. I'd go with Bugg, and Fraley getting picked didn't help either.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Pen was pretty erratic but thats shit they got to work out. Gotta throw strikes off the bench and nor get behind batters .
    But we won 2 like I predicted and will be the 1 seed as long as we're alive.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm sorry but that was more like a heads up play by Laird in the 8th covering 2nd base. Give credit where it's due, it's not normal for a right fielder to cover 2nd.