SEC West Rivals

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jjfl, Aug 23, 2004.

1. jjfl

jjfl Founding Member

I know that our rival (defined as team we play from SEC east every year) is Florida. What are the rivals for all of the other teams? Thanks

2. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

LSU doesn't really have a main rival.

3. jjfl

jjfl Founding Member

I know that. The SEC defines rival as who you play every year outside your division. We play Florida, and thus that is our rival. I want to know who the other team's rivals are?

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

LSU/Crocs

Bama/Vols

AU/UGA

Hawgs/Cocks

Miss ST/UK

Ole Mrs/Vandy

SEC

5. jjfl

jjfl Founding Member

thanks

6. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

The SEC doesnt define rival. Everyones official "rival" is either interdivision, or OOC. LSU/ARK, AU/UA, UM/MSU, UF/FSU, UGA/GT, UK/UL, USC/CU and UT/VU (what the hell is this?). All teams have other rivals like LSU/UM, LSU/TU AU/UGA, UF/UGA, UA/UT, etc. Until a couple of years ago, each school had 2 permanent opponents from the east, and one rotating. It was just recently changed. For the most part, teams play their intradivisional permanent opponent to preserve longstanding, traditional rivals like AU/UGA, UA/UT, etc.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Rival/Permanent opponent, splitting hairs. Every SEC team is a rival of the others to some extent but the teams in your own division of course are bigger than the others except for each teams permanent foe. If we stay where we are and UF comes back up to the top they will be our biggest Rivalry game year in and year maybe. Especially if we were to play them twice a year for several years. If Visor Boy was still there we would have probably played them twice in 2001 and 2003. that can make for an awfully big rival. With UGA that can't happen to often.

8. tigerfan1303

tigerfan1303 Founding Member

uga

i would not mind palying uga ever year instead of UF. Uga will own Auburn over the next couple of years (even though auburn plays uga close every year;except for last year)