SEC West Spring Recap

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ch0sn0ne, May 12, 2006.

1. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

trindon is enrolled currently and on the track team i think. not very clear on that. runs likea 4.2 or something, the video was on sports.net on signing day.

alabama - i think they will be too dependent on the run game with darby(unless prothro heals incredibly fast). its possible that their defense will stay close to the same level. if u look at the talent that left, none were first rounders(ryans at 33) which tells me that it wasnt just the players, it was the system. could be wrong but that is something to wrory about.

arkansas - main problem will be the run game but hopefully by the time we face mcfadden he will be worn down and we will have established a steady Dline rotation. mustain will be interesting

auburn - obviously our biggest threat. this time we should be able to tackle irons. i dont think cox will be as effective without all the big targets of mix, cooper, aroma, etc. their defense should be weaker with the key departure of mcclover. this will be our defining game no doubt

ole miss - nothing to be afraid of here. 5 return on O, 4 on D. no legit threats to be found. willis will be a decent force in the middle but my ges is that we just run outside and pass on them and it will be super easy. it should be easy to run outside on their 3-3-5

miss st - well they should be the best team in mississippi. it will be tough to replace norwood and their season will prob look a lot like how we dismantled them without norwood.

2. LSUTigers1404

LSUTigers1404 Founding Member

Only at LSU do people want to bench a qb after he goes 10-2. :dis:

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

The team went 10-2. That's like saying we can't want to bench any of out starters just because of what the team accomplished.

I am not against Russell, I think he'll be a great QB next year - just getting the facts straight.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I think Ole Miss will be a better team than you give them credit. They were close in a few games last year, and the team seemed to show improvement through the season to me. Also, Orgeron has brought in some good coaches from Miami & has had some serious success in recruiting.

Mississippi St, on the other hand, will be more of the same - if not worse. They thought they had "turned the corner" when they beat Florida, but I'll say right now Croom will never even get them in a bowl game.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He was a first year starter and he won 10 games! He will be improved this year, give the guy a break. Only a fool would expect Russell to play like an All-American from the start.

Every quarterback has some limitations. Russle has size and a hell of an arm to compensate.

He's probably the next star kick return man at LSU and supposedly is the fastest man on the team, beating XC in the 60. The best quote I've heard about Holliday is "He's at full speed in two steps."

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He was a first year starter and he won 10 games! He will be improved this year, give the guy a break. Only a fool would expect Russell to play like an All-American from the start.

Every quarterback has some limitations. Russell has size and a hell of an arm to compensate.

He's probably the next star kick return man at LSU and supposedly is the fastest man on the team, beating XC in the 60. The best quote I've heard about Holliday is "He's at full speed in two steps."

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Ugh....no offense, Dog, but the defense was just as guilty--if not MORE so--than the offense in the Tennessee game.

Also, if you have to bring up a game that happened in CLM's first game in Tiger Stadium--and at the VERY beginning of the season no doubt, then I can't help but throw out what should only matter....your LAST game. You know--the one that the offense would NOT lay down??

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Took the words right out of my mouth. Such an unbelievable amount of being a great QB hinges on your mental grasp of the game. Thus far, JR has continually underwhelmed me in that aspect.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

What about his second to last game? Would it be fair to judge him on that?

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I believe they will depnd very heavily on those juco guys and Powe, if they develope very quick OM could be tough, if they don't they will have a dismal season.

Nope, it's not fair or accurate to judge any coch on one or two games, llook at all of em and make a judgement on how the season went.