SECT--Let's talk.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by RedElephants, Mar 8, 2006.

1. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

Ok so what does all of your SECT brackets look like? Any suprises?

I've got:
    First Round:
    USC over MSU
    UK over Ole Miss
    Vandy over AU
    Arky over UGA

Second Round:
    UT over USC
    BAMA over UK
    LSU over Vandy
    Arky over UF

Semifinals:
    UT over BAMA
    Arky over LSU

Finals:
    UT over Arky

I hope it doesn't end up this way I'm just throwing stuff out there. I really think that Arky is dangerous in the SECT, but not the NCAAT (if they make it).

As for BAMA, i'd like to get a first game win just to solidify our spot in the dance, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we were bounced after that. The guys (especially Steele) need some good rest going into the NCAAT. I wouldn't mind drawing an 8 or 9 seed and a possible matchup with Duke. I think they are the most vulnerable of the (maybe) 1 seeds. With that said, I wouldn't mind playing possible 2 seed Gonzaga--all of this is if we dont get bounced in the first friggin' round. :dis:

2. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

who cares lsu won the title already. this is just a few practice games this week. so dont pat yourself on the back to much if you do good.

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

A couple of notes...

With Brady talking about resting the LSU team I do wonder (according to your scenario0 if they could get past Vandy. Mitchell's ankle, Thomas at 80%...I wouldn't be surprised if Brady decides to take an early exit. I can't say I would blame him either.

(The one thing that does puzzle me about taking the rest for the SECT / Brady {correct me if I'm wrong} but didn't he decide to take the same approach last season?)

I see UT and Pearl as an anomoly. When teams first run into the system he runs they do have problems...but once it has been seen, and it's been beaten...other coaches take the same approach with the same results. See the last of the season and their losses.

UK hasn't had a great season...but you can never discount that team when it comes to SECT play.

Arkansas beats Florida? Hmmm. Florida hasn't done real well as of late in post season play...but I still like the Gators in a close game.

4. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

I just would like LSU to give minutes to guys that haven't played much this season. A win or two would be nice but it's obvious Brady is looking ahead to the NCAAs. I'll pick KY to take it all. They are a borderline bubble team/lock and need to win this tournament to assure their place.

5. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I think we need to win 1 game to solidify the 3 seed. After that, Brady will probably "rest" some guys and not really worry to much about the rest of it. In fact, it may be beneficial for us to lose one going in to keep the focus. Sounds dumb, but it's true.

6. tubadog

tubadog Founding Member

Well Red, let's see. First of all, we will beat SC. Then, we lose to Tenn. Maybe we make the NIT, maybe not.

BAMA will lose to Kentucky, just like you lost to MSU :rofl: . I called it several weeks back and I will be right on this.

Either Tennessee or Kentucky will win the tournament. It's what you call extra-sensitive perspiration (ESP). I've got it and I'm proud of it. :thumb:

By the way Red, thanks for serving our country. God bless you and all the other men/women who do the same. You're all right in my book.

7. Berge

Berge Founding Member

First Round Winners:
    USC
    Kentucky
    Vandy
    Arkansas

Second Round Winners:
    Tennessee
    Kentucky
    LSU
    Arkansas

Semi-Finals:
    Tennessee
    LSU

Finals:
    Tennessee: 69
    LSU: 71

Unless Brady just discounts this tournament, I only see Florida being able to beat LSU....

8. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

I thought you joined some organization and would be gone for a while. WTF ?

:hihi:

9. clair

clair Rockets

We'll done... I don't see them beating UK either...

10. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

Again...I had a medical condition I was unaware of--medical discharge. :(

....But I tried.