Seed predictions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SoLa in NoIll, Mar 14, 2003.

1. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Now that we are 21-9, with a .500 regular season SEC record but quality wins over #1 Arizona, #7 Miss. St. and #7 Florida, but a loss in Houston to a poor Texas A&M team, where do you think we'll fall, regardless of what happens the rest of the weekend? I think the win today bumps us up to at least an 8 seed and possibly higher. But, I don't think we get much higher than 6, even if we beat MSU then UK for the championship which, of course, is unlikely given Kentucky's tear through 2003. With a quality game tomorrow, win or lose, I'd hope for a 7 seed, with a 6 if we win. Other predictions?

2. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

3. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

i think if we win tomm. we are 6 maybe 7 seed. If we win the tourny by beating kentucky in the championship game(has to be kentucky) then I feel like we will be a 4 or 5 seed.

4. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

I say before the game we was 8 or 9. Now I say we are a solid 6 seed no less than 8. if we beat state tomorrow we have a chance for a five seed. if we win the SEC Tourney and beat Kentucky in the process I think we can get as high as a 4th seed. that is a long shot but still possible.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Right now I see it as a 6 or 7 seed whether we beat Cowbell U or not. If we could win the SEC a solid # 5. I don't think they would give us a 4 seed no matter what because the NCAA committee that decides these things don't have anybody on the committee this year

Kentucky will be a #1 seed no matter what as will Zona

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Kansas looks good now for a 1 seed I would pick Texas for the other 1 seed even though they lost to TT today Pittsburgh has a great record but they didn't play enough top teams to be a # 1

7. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

If Oklahoma wins the Big 12 tourney, they are the other #1 seed, along with arizona, Kansas, and Kentucky.

I think even if LSU wins the tourney, it would be a lot to get better than a 6 seed, 5 is possible, never a 4.

8. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I see us as 8 to 9 right now....which I abosotely hate b/c your 2nd game is against a #1. Depending on what happens today and tomorrow I think we could push that to 5 or 6......which is a hell of alot better as long as you get out of the 1st round.....against those god forsaken 11's and 12's.

9. OhioTigerFan

OhioTigerFan Founding Member

Who cares what seed we end being....the way the Tigers are playing right now.....lets just keep it going! Right now my guess would be a 6-8 seed.

10. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I'd rather be a 7 or 10 seed than a 8 or 9 just because you avoid playing the #1 seed in the second round. The best thing would be if we could sneak into the #6 seed and be playing the 3 seed in the 2nd round. Although, I don't think it matters who we play if we keep playing as we have in the past 3-4 weeks. We can play with any team on any given night.