Seimone calls out her teammates.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by NoDakSt, May 28, 2006.

1. NoDakSt

NoDakSt Founding Member

During yesterday's debacle in DC, a 90-75 Lynx loss to the Mystics, Seimone called out her teammates on the sidelines. Seimone did her part, scoring 23 points, but Minnesota's post players were brutalized by the smaller, but more determined Mystics players, which prompted Seimone's outburst. Good to see her stepping up. Another Bayou Baller led Washington's scoring: Alana Beard chipped in 25 points for the Mystics.

http://www.startribune.com/1296/story/459545.html

2. clair

clair Rockets

i think it should be manditory that you play at least 5 games before you call soemone out...

I hope this don't become a habit

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I disagree. She was drafted to be the team's leader. Comments from upper level management and coaches there indicate this.

4. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

as the team's leading scorer and a respected player i think she can do it. It even says that other players agreed with what she did, i'm all for it. She just wants to win and at least she's doing her part

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

It's not like she went all "TO" on them, Clair....

IMO, reguardless of how much time you have actually played, if you see/think that some of your teammates are "dogging it", then call them out on it.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The reason her team got the number one pick was because they weren't winning. If they keep losing, the team will get more high draft picks and simply replace the losers in time.

They had better listen to Seimone. And it had better become a habit for them or they will hear more from her.

7. clair

clair Rockets

this is all true...

she IS the leader of the team, etc...

But I think it sets a bad tone for the season if you calling out people when they still getting the rust off...

I watched the season opener... and Seimone did pump in the points, but her defense was well below average as well...

She has a lot to learn, too...

that's all i'm saying

8. friday

friday Founding Member

seimone will have the same impact on the WNBA as chris paul did in the NBA. she is probably already one of the best players in that league and definitely the best player on her team. if she has the respect of her teammates, I got no problem with it. soon those players will be thanking her for taking them to task. remember, seimone rarely lost as a high schooler and collegiate, it's prob tearing her up. I don't follow the WNBA but the linx don't seem to have much talent around semoine, but I have to think they'll improve greatly.

9. MCab

MCab Founding Member

They may be the losing team b/c no one has come in to kick them in the @$$ yet.

10. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Just shows she is a competitor. After leading the Tigers it's hard to just sit back and watch. She still has that leader mentality...and should keep it.