Semi Quasi Official Lady Tigers vs Tenn Game Thread.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by COramprat, Apr 6, 2008.

1. downtown

downtown Founding Member

"because Candace Parker wasn't capable of beating you.

The whole gym knew she wasn't taking the shot.

LSU wanted her to take the shot.

She was shooting what? 30%? I like those odds. don't you?"

The whole gym knew she wasn't shooting it? I didn't know and apparently Sylvia didn't know because she jumped sky high when Parker passed the ball. Remember, Candace was still their leading scorer in the game. And for the girl who made the winning shot...well she hadn't made one shot all game.

The bottom line is that Parker should have been cut off at the baseline and forced to switch hands to make it across the court. That would have virtually killed all of the time and they would have been fortunate to get off even one shot. TEXTBOOK. You can't let her go the distance because you're afraid to foul her. They made 7 seconds look like 2 minutes. I wouldn't have even called timeout after the 2nd make by White because at that point Tennessee was in panic mode. The timeout gave them time to make a plan.

However, they had a great year and have had a great run for five years. Tennessee was extremely fortunate to have the ball go right to the girl for a second shot as well. Can't win them all I guess...

2. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Like you said, you were in Lafayette. There are some seriously deranged people over there. I'm sure just about everyone in Ruston was cheering for TN tonight also.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Did Tennessee have a timeout after the 2nd made free throw by White?

If not, then I agree that Van calling timeout was a complete mistake on his part. We should have had our strategy set up when Tennessee called the timeout inbetween foul shots by White.

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

He probably needed to think about subbing offense for defense and get a new defense in, along with controlling their emotions.

We did a decent job...we just needed a rebound. It was not as if Tennessee out-schemed us.

5. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Not to cause a stir or anything and I know Van is a coach with a great record...but they got two shots off in basically 7 seconds starting from the other end of the court with a limp player. They out-schemed somebody. I thought the D on Parker was okay, but not what it should have been. We were too worried about fouling (which was of good concern, but not that much).

But yeah, it wasn't like they came up with the play of the year. They were fortunate to be in the right place at the right time. We didn't even need a rebound, we just needed to knock the ball away. Tennessee always comes up with a big play when it's REALLY on the line, LSU does not. Maybe one day... At least we won the SEC regular season. That was a big accomplishment (especially to go undefeated).

6. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

I know man...I am sorry I got all rowdy. My wife threatened to leave after the game last night...and my dog tried to attack me because I got all wild.

It is just so freaking disheartening ya know. And I see all the "Fowles would trade with Parker" crap someone wrote. Bah Humbug to that crap.

All I am saying is that I think Fowles is a MUCH better player than Parker, and if she had ANY kind of help...we would have been undefeated and still playing.

Now I have to watch HGTV for a week...because I will lose a big screen if I have to hear about Candace Parker being the GOAT and Pat Summit being the illegitimate child of Vince Lombardi.

Geaux Stanford!!!!

1 person likes this.
  7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I dunno man, Parker's purty good yeah. :lol:

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Exactly, kick it out to who? It was big Syl or bust!

9. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

I was a bad loser last night... as always.... Just wanted to say Thanks to the Lady Tigers for the last four years.. It was a great ride & I am disappointed for their sake as much as anything because they could not win it all... Thanks Again, sorry for griping so much yesterday during the game... Wanted it to bad I guess.... :geaux:

10. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Taken from the Marist thread a few weeks ago.

Well, that last 1/8th did us in unfortunately.